Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Osama Bin Laden

• Site Supporter

I bet the presenters on Fox News are wooping holaing away like there's no tomorrow. Set of fuckards.

Made me chuckle that :D

So now they are going to release footage of the burial, really is it that important, I was surprised to see the picture of the dead face on Sky news,

You say that as if it's obvious that you're spot on, and now it's up to me to come up with some lunatic theory about how it's not to do with some non-existant natural resource.

I can't be arsed, but suffice to say that I've forgotten more than anyone else on this board knows about Afghanistan and have got the medals to prove it, so I'll more or less leave it there. It's not about any one thing, it's about a great many different things and is incredibly complicated. Competetion for resources is a factor, but if I was to put the reason you gave on a list of 'what it's about,' it would come about 257th.

Maggie T,

I and many others on here bow to your superior knowledge about the Afghan conflict and the conditions around it, but there are vast amounts of people who do not actually know the real reasons behind the war: a war that, it could be argued, had fuck all to do with us in the first place. It's a simplistic view, granted, but the man in the street will believe what the tabloids tell him, if nobody ITK puts him straight. I don't think Danny G was on the wind up, he (and millions of others) quite possibly believe that oil is/was the deciding factor.

Oil may well be, as you put it, the 257th reason, but people will make their own theories up until corrected, so why not tell him?

It's him for sure,if he had got some ale down his neck years ago he would never have turned into the raghead terrorist pig that he did.

Pic's of the gun fight and his boby to be released soon just been on Sky news,anyone who thinks its just a cover up will be the same ones who believed that the US flew those plane's into the Trade Centers :rofl:

Edited by M G WHITES

I thought you were in a loony bin or 'some dark place'?

Got early release for good behaviour and because of my superb sponge cakes!

Plus I gave the co-ordainations of Osama's mansion - I had to, due to boredom, as the US wouldn't be even find the White House on google-earth, if they tried!

Maggie T,

I and many others on here bow to your superior knowledge about the Afghan conflict and the conditions around it, but there are vast amounts of people who do not actually know the real reasons behind the war: a war that, it could be argued, had fuck all to do with us in the first place. It's a simplistic view, granted, but the man in the street will believe what the tabloids tell him, if nobody ITK puts him straight. I don't think Danny G was on the wind up, he (and millions of others) quite possibly believe that oil is/was the deciding factor.

Oil may well be, as you put it, the 257th reason, but people will make their own theories up until corrected, so why not tell him?

Well this is Afghanistan, not Iraq; there is no oil in the country so what would lead someone to conclude that it's the reason for our presence I don't know. I don't think he was on a wind up either, but if you know nowt, then why choose the 257th best reason to explain it? If you know nowt, why even venture an opinion? Everyone has the right to one, but it doesn't make them all equal.

Look, after spending 12 of the last 30 months in that country and been back in the UK less than a week after my latest six month sojourn, I've had a fucking gutful and can't be fucked to offer my view of 'what it's all about' to someone who, no offence intended, has seen a tabloid headline and decided they like the look of it. The best I'm prepared to do is suggest the possibility that it might be somewhat more complex than an oil pipeline (about which we have no details or background info, despite it apparently being 'what it's all about') and let them do the rest if they are so inclined. More sensible arguments I'm more than happy to offer my tuppence towards (being arsed allowing, I'm mostly concentrating on getting pissed, avoiding dissident Republicans and shagging just at the moment), but such a senseless and ill-conceived one I won't.

the man in the street will believe what the tabloids tell him

That is his problem. He should acknowledge that the tabloids might not inform him all that brilliantly.

• Members

Irrespective of all the opinions (some well repsected like those who have been ther and have the medals to prove it), I am just happy the horrible cnut is dead. I have no doubt this is true.

I doubt he's been dumped in the sea but it's a good cover for his followers who would make any sort of last resting place on land some sort of memorial place.

They find the guilty man, kill him no matter what, take his dna as a trophy and then dump the body in the ocean.

Are you sure I wasn't watching a Dexter episode? :blink:

• Site Supporter

as someone said earlier on (sorry), how daft would the US Government look if a new tape got released..

Its just very odd that only the USA knew about it.. and didnt tell anyone they were going in..

I think tbh Bin Ladens hands have been tied for a long time, but it still serves as a message to any would be followers.. (maybe)

as someone said earlier on (sorry), how daft would the US Government look if a new tape got released..

Its just very odd that only the USA knew about it.. and didnt tell anyone they were going in..

I think tbh Bin Ladens hands have been tied for a long time, but it still serves as a message to any would be followers.. (maybe)

Wouldn't that have possibly spoiled the surprise?

Wouldn't that have possibly spoiled the surprise?

Yup - let's face facts, the Pakistani's have been caught with their pants down in bed with terrorists (again). You'd have to be mad to trust them with any worthwhile information, the entire country is institutionally corrupt, and most of the population and government hold disgusting views on capital punishment and maiming for non muslims.

Just about the only place in the world where everyone else would be better off building a wall and ignoring them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.