Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Redundant Today

Being made redundant today after 7 years in the same company. How do you think I should spend the day ?

- Stay to the end and wish the few remaining all the best at 4.30?

- Go to the pub at lunch, have a few, tell those remaining what I really think of them and then go?

- Go to the pub at lunch, get pissed and don't go back?

Any other suggestions welcome.

Option a, remain professional until the end :good:

then get smashed

Being made redundant today after 7 years in the same company. How do you think I should spend the day ?

- Go to the pub at lunch, have a few, tell those remaining what I really think of them and then go?

Sorry to hear that

Best of luck

Stay to the end and be a model professional

You never ever know who you may stumble across in the future

Then go the pub and get larruped!

edit - beat me to it SuperJohn!

Edited by jules_darby

• Members

Sorry to hear it.

Although the 2nd one must be tempting, you never know when your paths may cross again, so I'd avoid the temptation.

The 3rd option is, without doubt, the way to go. :drinks:

• Members

Does anyone really go back to work after the pub on their last day??

Serious question, just in my experience no-one ever does (not me - been at the same place for 13 years anyway), nor are they expected to.

It's just a given that they finish at dinner. :pardon:

Does anyone really go back to work after the pub on their last day??

Serious question, just in my experience no-one ever does (not me - been at the same place for 13 years anyway), nor are they expected to.

It's just a given that they finish at dinner. :pardon:

If I was his boss I'd just have a quiet work prelunch wishing him well and telling him not to bother himself with coming back post lunch. But I'm nice like that.

Guest Frandsen08

Sorry to hear that pal been there myself and it ain't a nice feeling. Stay professional then get legless.

Guest bwfcdan

Sorry to hear that pal been there myself and it ain't a nice feeling. Stay professional then get legless.

Did you used to work at BD fella?

in the long run getting made redundant was the best thing that ever happened to me in work.

i have worked alongside loads of people who i knew back then and being known as someone who dealt with it well has helped me get other better jiobs since

Right, tied up all loose ends, haven't left any shit for anyone else to clear up. Going to give back my laptop, say a few goodbyes and hit the pub.

Cheers for all the advice, I'm impressed how professional most of you are!

Option c

It's happened twice to me in just over 12 months. It isn't much fun but being professional about it the first time led me straight into a better role. Hoping the same thing happens this time too :) 2 months of not working is driving me insane.

For Jobs try The Workshop on Newport Street near the newsagents ex-wanderer Ray Parry used to own, it's got loads of jobs on show and more if you ask the staff.. HTH

He might be skilled. No offence but that sounds like a drop in centre for the dregs of Bolton (which I can imagine are very dreggy).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.