Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brace Yourselves For Impact

Not sure we could get worse than a constantly out of position,unaware of his man Steinsson no matter how much fist pumping goes on

Well the general consensus among Dingles seems to be Mears is much better going forward then defending. I think there are worse, unproven in the premiership, full backs than Steinsson. But like i said earlier I don't know enough about Mears to judge him, but the words Burnley and defender don't strike me as great.

I'd just be happy for an additional two players to the squad at the moment. I may be wrong, but I thought our squad was one of the smallest in the Premier League last season, and we have released/moved players on/lost players that makes us around another 8 or so lighter. So far we have brought Pratley in, but by my reckoning, we need another 9 or 10 to better the squad from last season. I'm generally a confident person, but am starting to get a bit twitchy now!

Some posters on here have been moaning for weeks at our lack of signings.Now when we do sign 2 squad players for slightly more cash than we got for another squad player, Matty Taylor. people still moan. The slightly worrying thing is we've now signed 3 players from the Championship.From what i've seen of Eagles i think he can perform at premiership level and Mears can't be a worse defender than Steinsson surely.

Steinsson last season was unbelievably poor, Blackpool away was one of the worst ever performances ive seen. Ive only seen Mears a few times but i think hes better than Steinssons level last season which wasnt great i admit.

Eagles despite being a right ponce will be good for us because he can play anywhere accross midfield and off the strikers iirc. When played for Burnley in the prem he looked really good at times so lets hope OC can get that form out of him.

If we put it in perspective weve got these two for just a little bit more than we are getting for Taylor. There will be more signings but this is at least a start.

I'll accept they are not the big impact signings we all want but coyle and his staff know a bit more about football than me, if these two lads sign he must feel they are good enough so it's a thumbs up from me and I seem to remember megson getting some shite for wasting 5 mil on an unproven central defender and that worked out ok.

Edited by Dodgywheel

Mears is better than Steinnsson Eagles is currently better than and will have more of an impact than Rodrigo ?3m is fuck all still ?3.2m change from habsi and taylor and coyle knows them inside out so risk free - good business they both more than held their own when Burnley were in the prem

• Site Supporter

Mears is better than Steinnsson Eagles is currently better than and will have more of an impact than Rodrigo ?3m is fuck all still ?3.2m change from habsi and taylor and coyle knows them inside out so risk free - good business they both more than held their own when Burnley were in the prem

Yes they both helped them get relegated

Yes they both helped them get relegated

Or they did ok in a poor squad so any player involved in relegation is damaged goods?

And Cassie and Homer you gave coyle grief over jeffren - carlos kickaballs is a big risk etc etc he might be signing two english players he knows inside out and gets barracked - you're starting to sound as if you've a pre-ordained agenda before anything happens bit like the pillocks who panned megson for absolutely anything he did? Who's he supposed to sign then?

• Site Supporter

Or they did ok in a poor squad so any player involved in relegation is damaged goods?

And Cassie and Homer you gave coyle grief over jeffren - carlos kickaballs is a big risk etc etc he might be signing two english players he knows inside out and gets barracked - you're starting to sound as if you've a pre-ordained agenda before anything happens bit like the pillocks who panned megson for absolutely anything he did? Who's he supposed to sign then?

Where have I gave Coyle grief over Jefferen?

Where have I barracked Coyle for signing two English players?

I merely said they had played a part in Burnleys relegation. I havnt expressed an opinion on the signings as yet as they have not happened

I m not in itk or anything but i heard this when Bury Played Burnley last week. Talk was that Eagles knew then (ie on the 12 July)that he was coming to Bolton. I did not Post as i though it was shite. I watched the game against Bury. He did nothing but looked class if that is not a contradiction. But it was against bury!!! We will see .

One good point apart from him being a dmb and a grade A Twat we have another J lloyd/Hunt with the car ? He drives a white Bentley.

Don t ask why i was at the bucket shakers but we will see ??

Don't be silly he should sign English players from Premier League clubs and have change out of ?3 million, but not rubbish like that Wright Phillips or sick notes like that Woodgate.They aren't good enough for Bolton.

i'd also be happy with reo-coker

hes a bad start away from the abuse mccann got, though

Persoanlly think reo coker is a lot better than mccann. Mccanns game as a younger player at sunderland etc was about being box to box. By the time he arrived at our place he was anything but box to box, the end result being he was utter shite

As has been mentioned earlier, we have received a decent fee for Taylor considering his contract length etc, so to spend that (plus a little bit) on two decent, not big names or world beaters, but decent squad players I don't see a problem - if you look at who's gone and who we've replaced them with, like for like - its an improvement..

Out - jlloyd, joey o'b, Cohen

In - mears, eagles, pratley

Not sure we could get worse than a constantly out of position,unaware of his man Steinsson no matter how much fist pumping goes on

Exactly, mears whilst not being great has got to be better than steinsson - we'll see for ourselves over the next season it looks like

Not convinced by eagles though, surely hes just to make up numbers?

*still a lot of work to do and more to bring in - winger and striker, but it's a decent and sensible start considering the budgets we have. Al Habsi money going on the spaniard and reo-Coker on a free and we'll have brought in 5 players for hardly any cash except the sale money.. Which is shrewd business by OC.

Unless Cahill goes soon so we can spend money on a striker, best we can hope for is a loan - welbeck and/or Sturridge.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.