Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Urban Myths, Local Legends, Rubbish Hints And Tips.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours at secondary school that our old female French teacher had starred in a grumble flick

Knowing French Cinema it was probably just a regular PG rated film over there.

There was a rumour that one of our P.E. teachers had sent in a full frontal nude of himself, grinning and arms crossed in a 'what d'ya think of that then?' to 'One for the Ladies' in Razzle magazine (or similar), you know the feature...them pages you hastily skipped when sat in the bushes 'reading' with your mates.

Anyway, I didn't see it, but someone brought a copy in and the blokes first name and location tallied with the teacher's (surely he'd have used an alias?), and all those who did see it swore it was him. The teacher, co-incidentally, did leave shortly after, which was a pity - after all he'd sent it into 'One for the Ladies' not 'One for the Schoolboys'.

yep, Canon Slade.

Dare I suggest you seem a bit too keen on knowing all the fine details...

:D

Canon Slade in the top 100. That must have been before they heard about the Music Master. :thumbsup:

i guy in my old work told me something similar however said it was him and a dog :blink:

I heard a similar one about a bloke, but the balloon who told me the story added credence by swapping jam for beef paste, and claiming the bloke used to stick his bellend in a jar (of Shipphams - it had to be Shipphams because of the wider 'opening') then using the jar very much like one would use chalk on a snooker cue - before getting down to his 'woof' activity.

When I was about 12, there was a rumour that if you asked for a certain obsolete chocolate bar (Wispa? Texan? can't remember exactly) at a corner store on Plodder Lane - they'd sell you a ready rolled spliff for a ?1. I tried it once, and the lad behind the counter just looked at me like I'd escaped from Ward K2. I stood there for a good two minutes nudge-nudging, wink-winking and nose-tapping, until he told me to piss off if I wasn't buying something, so I got a can of cherry coke and slunk off - dejected.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

At my old school, in first year science about 10 pages in the middle of every textbook had been pasted together. Of course this was the worst thing they could do, as kid's natural curiosity meant everyone set about carefully parting the pages...

It was the chapter on Human Reproduction - with medical diagrams of wombs, vaginas, penises etc.

Interesting. When it was a grammar school you did science in the first two years and human biology wasn't even touched upon when biology was covered, it was all worms and leaves, and we certainly covered how worms reproduced. In fact, I can't recall having any science text books, it was mostly copying stuff from the blackboard.

Once you got to 3rd form, you did the sciences individually and had text books - and the human reproduction section wasn't glued down :D even though you didn't cover that until 5th form. I never learn't that bit though, being the only person in my form to drop biology. Maybe that's why I haven't had any babies.

Edited by Exiled Girl

Interesting. When it was a grammar school you did science in the first two years and human biology wasn't even touched upon when biology was covered, it was all worms and leaves, and we certainly covered how worms reproduced. In fact, I can't recall having any science text books, it was mostly copying stuff from the blackboard.

Once you got to 3rd form, you did the sciences individually and had text books - and the human reproduction section wasn't glued down :D even though you didn't cover that until 5th form. I never learn't that bit though, being the only person in my form to drop biology. Maybe that's why I haven't had any babies.

Wrong Hole?

When I was a lad in the days of yore...

I was convinced that 20 minutes after BBC played the national anthem at the end of the night a programme came on showing strippers.

I was 12 and sneaked downstairs out of the gaze of my parents to watch a telly showing interference for ages.

I must have done it about 20 times before I realised it was bollox

I was convinced that 20 minutes after BBC played the national anthem at the end of the night a programme came on showing strippers.

I was 12 and sneaked downstairs out of the gaze of my parents to watch a telly showing interference for ages.

Hahaha, the innocence (or not) of youth!

If that tale is not true Jazza,it should be. Laughed my todger off.

This might have a grain of truth in it Jazza, not strippers on the BBC, but one of

my earliest telly memories was something my dad used to watch when I was about 3 year old.

It must have been on ITV and it was called 'Live from Monte Carlo' or something like that - my memories are vague, but what I do remember was it was a European 'Variety' show, on at about midnight on a Saturday and they had a regular troupe of 'showgirls'/dancing girls performing (you know, with feather headdresses and all that) and that sometimes they had their tits out (this isn't false memory - I can still see my dad perched on the edge of the couch, leering and dribbling into his can of Guinness). Can anyone older confirm this? (The existence of the show - not that my dad was a big, old pervert, and didn't mind his young son seeing half-naked women).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

In my teens, somebody told me if you turn your empty beer glass upside down and placed it on your table.

It meant you would fight anybody in the Pub.

Never tried it,like.

I know it was a Stockport thing (christ it seemed like a nice place)

Edited by pato

In my teens, somebody told me if you turn your empty beer glass upside down and placed it on your table.

It meant you would fight anybody in the Pub.

Never tried it,like.

That's an Austrailan thing I think. I saw it happen twice while I was working behind the bar in Daly Waters in the Northern Territory. Strange folk up there.....

When the Water Place first opened back in say 1989 rumours were going around school that someone had put razor blades in the slides.

The frozen Sausage and the girl happened at my school too

Local Chinese served dog

I also remember the one about the ex copper tramp

You could get stoned off smoking banana skins

Miss XXX who taught Chemistry at St James's Farnworth used to be a Man

Mr Woods who taught Art at St James's Farnworth was shagging a 3rd year (this turned out to be true and he got a 3 stretch at Her Majesty's Pleasure)

Edited by Danny G

• Site Supporter

When the Water Place first opened back in say 1989 rumours were going around school that someone had put razor blades in the slides.

The frozen Sausage and the girl happened at my school too

Local Chinese served dog

I also remember the one about the ex copper tramp

You could get stoned off smoking banana skins

Miss XXX who taught Chemistry at St James's Farnworth used to be a Man

Mr Woods who taught Art at St James's Farnworth was shagging a 3rd year (this turned out to be true and he got a 3 stretch at Her Majesty's Pleasure)

That xxx start with a W by any chance?

Mr Woods was a nonce. I know the girl who used to keep a look out for him and the girl at lunch times.

Nonce.

That xxx start with a W by any chance?

Mr Woods was a nonce. I know the girl who used to keep a look out for him and the girl at lunch times.

Nonce.

Yes it did, she/him did have a hairy chest, maybe it was a Man after all

yep, Canon Slade.

Dare I suggest you seem a bit too keen on knowing all the fine details...

:D

Sounds like one of Diddy Evans' tall tales - he was full of 'em!

Top bloke though, proper notright but in the right way (?) Did he ever regale you with his tales of when he was in the Black Watch? Bloody nutter!

• Members

Sounds like one of Diddy Evans' tall tales - he was full of 'em!

Top bloke though, proper notright but in the right way (?) Did he ever regale you with his tales of when he was in the Black Watch? Bloody nutter!

Can't remeber his name. He was the big Welsh fella. Into his rugby isn't it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.