Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Comon You Currys Lovers.....

gonzo

tell me how to rustle up a decent curry..........

im doing a curry for me and a few others after drunkenly agreeing to do so last night.i told em all ill blow their fucking heads off with the best curry they have ever tasted......i have never made a curry in my entire life.

im going for a very hot curry of the indian variety......

any tips you bunch of shite hawks?

...the hotter the better by the way.... :spiteful:

• Site Supporter

Have a tub of natural yoghurt standing by so if, when it's cooked, you taste it and it gives you blisters, you stir in the yoghurt and it knocks loads of heat off.

(That's if you put too much heat into your own concoction, not if Jamie Oliver's is too hot)

• Moderators

just one tip from me

if you're having chicken, make the sauce, then just boil the chicken in it at the end - needs about an hour

it'll fall apart

oh aye, make it the day before you want it

Madhur Jafferys Ultimate Curry Bible is a brilliant book. some recipes here

http://www.foodari.c...adhur%20jaffrey

She's the man, so to speak. My mother brought us up cooking from her books. (She doesn't like roast dinner dullness)

It's not about the knocking your socks off hot, that's macho bullshit & what's the point when you can't actually taste it.

Like Stevie says, you can't beat a good Goan curry.

If you're a rookie chef forget any complicated recipes. Do a "cheats" curry,just get a jar or 2 of Pataks Vindaloo paste,some diced chicken breast, chopped onion,a coupla tins of chopped toms, some chilli powder, and some natural yog.Follow the instructions on the jar, and like Mickey says - if it's too hot at the end,just add some natural yoghurt too cool it down.Serve with Uncle Bens Pilau rice and some fluffy fresh Nan bread, and yer mates will be impressed - just make sure you tell 'em you made it from scratch.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members

A vegetarian from Batley gave us this some while back. Didn't know Batley had any vegheads but, there you go. We subsititued Madras and Vindaloo paste and have to say, this is very good despite our original unwillingness to have a curry without any form of meat in it.

CauliflowerSpudcurry.jpg

• Members

As a matter of interest do you have curry houses in your neck of the woods Bolty?

Oh aye Jazza and I have done most of em. IMO the best is Royal India on Hay St (close to city centre). The best onion bhajis around down here and their pork vindaloo leaves a lasting impression. Plenty pap on about one called the Maya in Fremantle but I have been disappointed there on both visits. There are plenty of them mate - where there are Brits there are Indians it seems (and thank God for that).

As an aside (and this is not a wind up to give you the shits Jazza), there was a takeaway not far from where I live called the Tartan Turban until relatively recently. Curries not bad at all for a Scot calling himself Cameron Khazi but his fcuking naan breads were toasted pizza bases! I shit you not!

Went out of business when a new bypass called the Kenwick Link opened meaning all of the passing traffic disappeared.

Oh aye Jazza and I have done most of em. IMO the best is Royal India on Hay St (close to city centre). The best onion bhajis around down here and their pork vindaloo leaves a lasting impression. Plenty pap on about one called the Maya in Fremantle but I have been disappointed there on both visits. There are plenty of them mate - where there are Brits there are Indians it seems (and thank God for that).

As an aside (and this is not a wind up to give you the shits Jazza), there was a takeaway not far from where I live called the Tartan Turban until relatively recently. Curries not bad at all for a Scot calling himself Cameron Khazi but his fcuking naan breads were toasted pizza bases! I shit you not!

Went out of business when a new bypass called the Kenwick Link opened meaning all of the passing traffic disappeared.

In the tradition of Scottish cuisine I hope he deep fried them!

• Members

In the tradition of Scottish cuisine I hope he deep fried them!

Possibly mate. Only ordered them once and skimmed the fcukers over the back fence. Even the birds wouldn't touch em until a few days of consistent rain.

• Site Supporter

Possibly mate. Only ordered them once and skimmed the fcukers over the back fence. Even the birds wouldn't touch em until a few days of consistent rain.

I remember doing this at a pub called the boatyard up through Abbey village. I'd taken wifey out for a meal when our eldest was about a year old. The yorkshires, I reckon, had been deep-fried. Absolutely inedible. We took them outside where the ducks were swimming about and broke them into bits. Each piece of yorkshire pud ended up with a little oil slick around it and ducks staring at it with a "Fuck off!" look on their faces.

Each piece of yorkshire pud ended up with a little oil slick around it and ducks staring at it with a "Fuck off!" look on their faces.

Did they look at you as though you were quackers?

Sorry

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.