Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yet supposedly snow in certain, high areas (presumably north of the wall).

Truly bonkers. 

I drove to Huddersfield last week and it was snowing a blizzard like the depths of winter over the tops , dark and bad visibility, tracks in the lanes the lot. 
came back an hour later and no sign of it ever snowing, no trace in the fields or anything, just bright evening sunshine and roads just a bit wet . 

freak shower in just the right conditions think 

Last time my birthday was Easter Sunday (other than last Sunday) it snowed so badly everything stopped for about a week, we then had a cracking summer. Its always changable at this time of year but I am sick of living in this Narnia of Drizzle, slate grey skies for months, not too warm, not too cold, just a bit bleak. 

Was nice on saturday here though, pity I couldn't enjoy it as I was ill all weekend - working from bed, shittest b'day ever (and it was a four day fest with no kids)

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, fatolive said:

I drove to Huddersfield last week and it was snowing a blizzard like the depths of winter over the tops , dark and bad visibility, tracks in the lanes the lot. 
came back an hour later and no sign of it ever snowing, no trace in the fields or anything, just bright evening sunshine and roads just a bit wet . 

freak shower in just the right conditions think 

That will have been the same day as wife and lad were coming home and got caught in a brief but intense thunder/rain storm.

The storm was going West to East and they said it was like some movie.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Must fuck with the animals all this.

I popped back up to my local farm again this morning, and they decided to let the goats out as the were getting bored. Kinell, they were springing about all over the place.

Meanwhile, their absolutely massive fuck off horse was kicking its stable door.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Conspiracy Twitter is all over the place with this one.

Flat earthers are saying it’s being controlled like the weather in the Truman Show, Chemtrail spastics are saying it’s a way to intensify the chemicals, and I’m pretty sure there’ll be one or two blaming the royal family.

American news are advising people to stock up on essential supplies in case it causes the end of the world.

Ironically, a depopulation event might be useful.

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

If you don't say total eclipse preceeded by half moon, full moon in a French accent you are not human.

Showing your age there, Jaffa.

16 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Friday getting warm.

Big fuck off mowing day. Hopefully. 

Have you got hovercraft mowers?

My garden is like a fucking marsh. Let the dog out for a before bed piss and have to wash his legs and feet in a bucket.

11 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

My garden is like a fucking marsh. Let the dog out for a before bed piss and have to wash his legs and feet in a bucket.

Same and it's getting fucking tedious. There were two ducks on my garden yesterday.

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Same and it's getting fucking tedious. There were two ducks on my garden yesterday.

There's a puddle under the climbing frame that I think has been there since last February I don't know at what point it stops being a puddle and becomes a mini pond.

Just now, frank_spencer said:

There's a puddle under the climbing frame that I think has been there since last February I don't know at what point it stops being a puddle and becomes a mini pond.

If there's anything living in or on it, it's a pond.

Went out, did 2 shops, went to butty shop, now Im back home after the wind blew my ladder over on top of van.

Think I've gone soft. 

Mind you our kids currently in Preston hospital awaiting his 7th operation :(

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Went out, did 2 shops, went to butty shop, now Im back home after the wind blew my ladder over on top of van.

Think I've gone soft. 

Mind you our kids currently in Preston hospital awaiting his 7th operation :(

Stress with that kind of shit is bad enough when it's the missus, hope all goes well with Mini Gonzo