Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Manager Of The Season

Snow_white

With the season drawing to a close, in my more idol moments I have begun to think who will win the Manager of the Season award?

I think a good case could be put forward for at least a dozen of the Premier leagues bosses. In fact it is probably easier to say who won't win.

So who should win it for you?

I would go for Brendan Rodgers at Swansea. Not only has he upset all the experts opinions about Swansea but also they have played some very attractive football whilst also having a very mean defence. Just shows you Mr Abromovich when looking for a manager it doesn't always have to be Europe's flavour of the month.

Rodgers for me.

Not only kept a newly promoted team up with ease, but done it with style. It'll be interesting to see how they do next season though...

Big shout out for Pardew, Lambert and Kean (if only for all the shit he's faced) too.

Edited by DazBobParr

• Site Supporter

I reckon Noddy Kean of the chicken pluckers has done a great job given the shit which has been flung his way. He now just needs to finish the job off and send the bastards down.

In all seriousness though, I think I would go for Rodgers, I expected them to sink without trace in August

Guest Frandsen08

If mancini wins the league, he'll win it.

i think i;d give it to rodgers or pardew, steve kean has done a decent job under the pressure he has had

Pardew for me, he?s turned Newcastle around whilst getting rid of Barton, Carroll, Nolan etc.

I'd suggest getting rid of a disruptive and overrated midfielder as well as an immobile one is probably a major factor in their success this season. Pardew and Ashley must be laughing their cock offs at getting someone to take them off their hands whilst freeing up a huge chunk of wages to put towards paying the likes of Ba, Cabaye and Cisse.

• Moderators

It'll more than likely be whoever wins the title

like every other year

personally would put Pardew well under Rodgers & Lambert, with Rodgers getting it due to Swansea's a) style, b ) excellent home record c) impressive defensive record, something like most clean sheets bar Citeh

It'll more than likely be whoever wins the title

like every other year

personally would put Pardew well under Rodgers & Lambert, with Rodgers getting it due to Swansea's a) style, b ) excellent home record c) impressive defensive record, something like most clean sheets bar Citeh d) unloading Pratley.

O'Neil - cos he turned around Sunderlands fortunes.

Moyes - he consistantly turns out a decent team that COULD be challenging for the FA Cup.

Jol - has made the Cottage a fortress and Fulham a rock solid team.

Coyle - who having had 2 of his star players out all season, little money to spend and the heart attack of one of his players has guided his team to safety (hopefully).

Wenger - after facing immense pressure from fans to leave at the beginnning of the season has stuck to his guns and clawed back his near London neighbours.

Lambert - led the unfashionable Norfolk club to safety without bankrupting Delia Smith.

Pulis - took the Potters on an entertaining UEFA Cup run and cemented them as a team everyone hates to play against.

• Moderators

O'Neil - cos he turned around Sunderlands fortunes.

Moyes - he consistantly turns out a decent team that COULD be challenging for the FA Cup.

Jol - has made the Cottage a fortress and Fulham a rock solid team.

Coyle - who having had 2 of his star players out all season, little money to spend and the heart attack of one of his players has guided his team to safety (hopefully).

Wenger - after facing immense pressure from fans to leave at the beginnning of the season has stuck to his guns and clawed back his near London neighbours.

Lambert - led the unfashionable Norfolk club to safety without bankrupting Delia Smith.

Pulis - took the Potters on an entertaining UEFA Cup run and cemented them as a team everyone hates to play against.

the fact Moyes has never won PL Manager Of The Season shows it bollocks

unless we're talking about LMA Manager Of The Season, which seems a better vote

the fact Moyes has never won PL Manager Of The Season shows it bollocks

unless we're talking about LMA Manager Of The Season, which seems a better vote

Moyes has won the LMA 3 times.

IF we win the FA Cup, he will win it again. He will then leave.

• Moderators

Moyes has won the LMA 3 times.

IF we win the FA Cup, he will win it again. He will then leave.

I know, Hodgson too when at Fulham and Steve Coppell are Reading - i.e. proper recognition hence the reference to it being a better vote

other than Burley with Ipswich, the PL manager of the year has been either the manager who wins the league, or in the case of Redknapp, in a team that came top 4, more often than not though it's the champions, Ferguson has won it 4 out the last 5 years!!