Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nice To See Such Optimism Amongst The Wanderers

miamiwhite

There's been some sad faces obviously,and a few deserved digs made at certain players and management.

but even i'm surprised and buoyed by the growing optimism and mood around the town and especially on this site with regards to the 2012/13 campaign.

Everybody is looking forward to the challenge and very confident going into next season.

I said it months ago,the relegation is actually a blessing in disguise and just a temporary hitch.

If the players respond to the positivity and confidence being generated,we'll piss the championship with a record points tally.

I'm prouder now to be Boltonian and a Wanderers fan than I was in the Prem.

We'd gone stale and were resting on our laurels.

Now,when we're needed,let's show what being a Wanderer is all about

• Site Supporter

Totally agree, we've got some decent young players who'll improve in the championship while winning games along the way - Bogdan, Riley, Vela, Wylde, Sordell, N'Gog, Ream will all get better - even Alonso might also start to shape himself.

Christ I sound like Coyle!

COYFWM - Championship Champions 2012/13

You certainly have a point. I thought relegation would be the end of me. Immediately after it was hard to accept but that feeling soon passed and now I'm ok about it.

A young talented squad going into a league where no longer 12-14 games per season are a right off. It will be enjoyable to hopefully start winning ways again, rather than spending ?52 on a tik and going Stamford Bridge in hope to only roll over yet again.

I'm ok with this relegation now. Loads of new places to visit,the prospect of play offs or straight promotion is exciting. No doubt it will be competitive but for the first time in a while we stand a chance of doing ok.

Bring on August. After the last few years as you say, this may be a blessing in disguise.

Edited by DIPS

At least we're not acting like them Blackburn lot! We're better than that.

Correct.

We're a class above them and all the doom and gloom merchants in that division.

Let's use our class and experience,enjoy a very short stay amongst them and get back to negativity next season and in-fighting on this forum :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Correct.

We're a class above them and all the doom and gloom merchants in that division.

Let's use our class and experience,enjoy a very short stay amongst them and get back to negativity next season and in-fighting on this forum :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thats the spirit , christ I was missing getting cast as relegation certainties every season

We've got a chance of winning a pot and this could be SKD's swansong getting a shed load of goals

COYWM

There's been some sad faces obviously,and a few deserved digs made at certain players and management.

but even i'm surprised and buoyed by the growing optimism and mood around the town and especially on this site with regards to the 2012/13 campaign.

Everybody is looking forward to the challenge and very confident going into next season.

I said it months ago,the relegation is actually a blessing in disguise and just a temporary hitch.

If the players respond to the positivity and confidence being generated,we'll piss the championship with a record points tally.

I'm prouder now to be Boltonian and a Wanderers fan than I was in the Prem.

We'd gone stale and were resting on our laurels.

Now,when we're needed,let's show what being a Wanderer is all about

though you give them drugs up :thumbsup:

ile have you ?20 we dont win it

• Moderators

if we come back up, which i suspect we may well do, it'll be one hell of a fight to stay up

our team at the beginning of 2013/14, even if we've been promoted, will be weaker than the one we've been relegated with

coyle will have to have learned his lessons, otherwise we'll be down by christmas

if we come back up, which i suspect we may well do, it'll be one hell of a fight to stay up

our team at the beginning of 2013/14, even if we've been promoted, will be weaker than the one we've been relegated with

coyle will have to have learned his lessons, otherwise we'll be down by christmas

Thing is theres a few teams in the prem now who i would say are weaker than our team. Look at Swansea and Norwich. I think too many players in our squad have been hanging on to a premier league career because we couldnt afford to get rid of them. A fresh start could do us good.

Its the Coyle bit which is vital. He needs to learn how to get our team accumulating points by any means possible in that league as nearly all teams have a lot more resources. We cant play how we like to play, we have to play the way that gets us most points.

except that all the youngsters will be a year older and much better for it.

One thing at a time though, next season will be very hard.

I'm confident that we will be competitive in that league and win a lot of games.

I work with a lads who's 25yrs old and was expecting to be on suicide watch on Monday, but no. He agrees and is optimistic of Gartsides comments in the Bolton News and is actually looking forward to next season. What better way to bring your youth through than in a league where you can get results and boost confidence, weve apparently got 6 players in the same league as Vela and Riley. That's what we've always wanted and fingers crossed they will be given a chance, I bloody hope so.

Now that the dust has settled i agree this could be a blessing in disguise on and off the pitch, something needed to give we've been drifting for years and this is the opportunity to re-start and have clear out. I think the away followings next season will improve, if we can get off to a flyer then we've a great chance of going back up

A young team getting promoted playing decent football generates impetus.

That momentum can often be carried on into the BPL, just like Swansea & Norwich have shown.

• Members

A young team getting promoted playing decent football generates impetus

This.

Hopefully we can piss the league next season playing the sort of football we saw for that brief period last season - remember those goals against Wolves and Blackpool.

If we can play like that all season then there's no reason why we can't "do a Swansea" the season after.

I still think the spring cleaning will not go far enough, i.e. Coyle and Gartside out on their arses. I am though looking forward to the new season and the new challenge.

COYFWM

be careful with what you wish for.......we could end up with a venky and kean type.....I wouldn't wish that on anybody

I don't think I'm imagining things ................ the stories I've heard/read say the wage bill will be cut by 50%, we have to get rid of some players to make some money, and we have almost nothing to spend.

I'm taking it as read that Coyle will be manager, and his backroom staff (probably) unchanged. Unless anyone's heard different.

So I'm hoarding my optimism till August when I know what squad we actually do have.

I don't think I'm imagining things ................ the stories I've heard/read say the wage bill will be cut by 50%, we have to get rid of some players to make some money, and we have almost nothing to spend.

I'm taking it as read that Coyle will be manager, and his backroom staff (probably) unchanged. Unless anyone's heard different.

So I'm hoarding my optimism till August when I know what squad we actually do have.

Weve already sliced a massive chunk off.

Davis, Klasnic, Robinson, Reo Coker, Gardner, Blake all already gone. Jussi and SKD both massive earners who will either have to accept a lot less or leave too. Thats a lot off the wage bill.

• Members

Jussi, Robinson, Knight, Steinsson, Reo-Coker and Klasnic alone must've accounted for a huge chunk of our total wage bill.

I think the reduction is probably not as daunting as it sounds.

Take away the kit man's luncheon vouchers too and that'll be another huge saving.

Edit: Curses - Tylswhite and his fast fingers.

Edited by DazBobParr

NRC hasnt gone yet.....but he can go as per his contract.

He just has to put it in writing and he is released. However, there cant be many clubs willing to pay him what we are paying him so its to be seen whether he actually puts it in writing or not.......

NRC hasnt gone yet.....but he can go as per his contract.

He just has to put it in writing and he is released. However, there cant be many clubs willing to pay him what we are paying him so its to be seen whether he actually puts it in writing or not.......

I don't think we're willing to pay him what we are paying him.

If he wants to stay, surely he'll have to take a big wage cut.