Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England V Sweden

stevieb

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-1 Carroll for us and Elmander for them with 88th min equaliser

sounds about par for the course for England v Sweden. 2002 & 2006 saw us in fron with well worked goals then crap defending fucks it up. Lets hope tonight can be different!

• Members

Nervous about tonight, especially on hearing he's going to change things and play 2 up front.

I've got a horroible feeling that big nosed, queer haired, lazy shithouse up front for them will finally put in the kind of performance his stats say that he's capable of.

I'm going for a very nervy 2-1 to Ingerlund. (Young, Carroll, Ibrahimovich)

• Members

We need two up front. We are the only team in the tournament where one of our strikers hasn't had an attempt on target.

... and we're also one of the only teams who've played only one game against one of the tournament favourites.

Doesn't matter to me who has the chances, as long as chances are created.

I think tonight will tell us a lot more about England under Hodgson than the game against France did.

Guest Frandsen08

Sweden have conceded six of their last seven goals from headers

you can see why hes gone for carroll and young and milner on either wing.

• Site Supporter

Just heard that there will be 18,000 Swedes there toneet. Didnt think they were big travellers meself, but fair play.

They always have a good following - nearly outnumbered us in Cologne at the world cup. I ended up sat with them and they're noisy fuckers.

• Site Supporter

getting a bit heated out there now and still a few hours drinking ahead,could be entertaining

I've seen 4 plastic cups, a hat and 1 beachball thrown so far.

There are more people with their camera phones out than peacocks hurling furniture.

Those 30 or so stewards must be menacing because the thousands of fans daren't go past them yet.

I've seen 4 plastic cups, a hat and 1 beachball thrown so far.

There are more people with their camera phones out than peacocks hurling furniture.

Those 30 or so stewards must be menacing because the thousands of fans daren't go past them yet.

plenty of time yet.

give em another hour or 2 :glare:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.