Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Do We Read Owt Into Friendlies ?

DomRepWanderer

Reet we have played 2 pub teams, drawn one lost one, and I know its all about getting fitness levels up to scratch, and I can understand the multi substitutions, what I cant understand is why when on a level playing field can Coyle not get a team to beat these no marks, if he is saying go out there to avoid injuries, and enjoy yourselves, then he needs to fuck off, he or one of his stooges chose the fixtures. if he wanted to get progress from this squad then he needed to arrange better opposition, but true to form he chose naivety over logic, I am probably the up there with the most optimistic of fans, but in Coyle I do think we are on a downward spiral, the cunt is clueless.

We have always lost friendlies to no marks. Get over it!

If every week is gonna be the same moaning about everything you can all fuck off. Let's give them a chance first. If after 10 games we are still shit then be my guest and go as mad as you wish but for now let's just try and be positive and back the lads

if he is saying go out there to avoid injuries, and enjoy yourselves, then he needs to fuck off, he or one of his stooges chose the fixtures. if he wanted to get progress from this squad then he needed to arrange better opposition,

I think you may not have properly grasped the concept of friendlies.

If we're all going to get angry about the results of friendly games I really can't wait to see how apoplectic people are going to get over proper games.

E - I suppose you were on of the hundred or so of us that went up to see the waccademicals, who had at least three under 10's playing for them, take the michael out of us? did you put your money where your mouth is and travel the 400 mile return journey to see subo put out a lack lustre team that had less gel than my mrs face cream.

subo should have taken my advice when going in at half time, just as the hardy few were making their way from the home end to the away end via the pitch (which had the ste wards of the glorious accies having kittens) in which I advised him to switch to 8-1-1.

be

at least that way we might not have lost so emphatically . glorified warm ups they may be but I expect them to at least try.

E - I suppose you were on of the hundred or so of us that went up to see the waccademicals, who had at least three under 10's playing for them, take the michael out of us? did you put your money where your mouth is and travel the 400 mile return journey to see subo put out a lack lustre team that had less gel than my mrs face cream.

Nobody forced you to go did they? If you wanna play the money where your mouth is card try having a season ticket whilst living abroad and having to fly back for games.....proper shit fan me. Also done the long distance friendlies and the result has never bothered me....all about the trip.

Give them time. 2 games they have played now. We will be ok.

fair do's for the travel side E, but as for accepting yesterdays pathetic performance and actually feeling hard done to by our glorious leader, subo, then I certainly can feel aggrieved . that any team that can put primary school kids out against ex premiership players and show them a thing or two shows me that subo hasn't got a clue.

fair do's for the travel side E, but as for accepting yesterdays pathetic performance and actually feeling hard done to by our glorious leader, subo, then I certainly can feel aggrieved . that any team that can put primary school kids out against ex premiership players and show them a thing or two shows me that subo hasn't got a clue.

What's all this subo bollox? Have I missed something?

subo should have taken my advice when going in at half time, just as the hardy few were making their way from the home end to the away end via the pitch (which had the ste wards of the glorious accies having kittens) in which I advised him to switch to 8-1-1.

be

at least that way we might not have lost so emphatically . glorified warm ups they may be but I expect them to at least try.

are you really calling folks loyalties into question on the basis of wether they traveled to scotland for a pre-season friendly or not? fuck me sideways..are you now Bolton's number 1 supefan because you did?...give your head a wobble you numpty.

and are you really taking the result or performance of a pre-season friendly in mid july as chance to have a dig at owen coyle? really?

ill re afirm my point....sort your head out you div.

Did they actually put 10 year olds out or are you just making that up?

I am getting the impression you do not like our manager and that he can probably not win.

I seem to recall us playing shit in Germany a few years ago. Was still a good day on the pop which is all friendlies are.

10 games is all I ask from people on here. 10 games without moaning and whining about coyle and the team. Let's give it a go shall we.

the trip was a good laugh, as they always are. it just really tickles my doo da's when subo can't see what is happening in front of him, although the linesman in the first half on the side we were in needed to practice what he preaches.... and actually watch the game rather than trying to order a pie whilst running e

Fair play to you for going up to yestetdays game. But really, I think its a tad naive to whinge about the result. Everyone who knows anything about football will tell you that bizarre results can and do happen in friendlies. Fact is, they are glorified training sessions.

The red filth drew 1-1 with some unknown South African team last night. Does that mean they are on a par with them? Does it bollocks. In a competitive match they would take them apart. As we would with Hamilton Accies.

Fair play to you for going up to yestetdays game. But really, I think its a tad naive to whinge about the result. Everyone who knows anything about football will tell you that bizarre results can and do happen in friendlies. Fact is, they are glorified training sessions.

The red filth drew 1-1 with some unknown South African team last night. Does that mean they are on a par with them? Does it bollocks. In a competitive match they would take them apart. As we would with Hamilton Accies.

The south African premier league pisses of Scottish first division, I also believe a squad of our standard should be winning these friendlies and getting that winning mentality. I also believe people should know who they are talking too before they start slagging them off

The south African premier league pisses of Scottish first division, I also believe a squad of our standard should be winning these friendlies and getting that winning mentality. I also believe people should know who they are talking too before they start slagging them off

Because people really take what is said on this forum seriously? Fuck me it's worse than I thought.

These games are about fitness. Nothing else!