Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Derby 0

Walkden26

I remember that day, it was a painful one. I was absolutely convinced we were going down by the time they got their third. One was a penalty and everyone was stood up to watch it, I just stayed sat down with my head in my hands and waited for their end to start cheering.

Jaaskelainen got sent off for the penalty if memory serves me right and we'd used all our subs so Nicky Southall had to go in goal for the penalty. Didn't Tofting go in goal once in a similar sort of era?

Jaaskelainen got sent off for the penalty if memory serves me right and we'd used all our subs so Nicky Southall had to go in goal for the penalty. Didn't Tofting go in goal once in a similar sort of era?

I remember Bo Hansen going in against Newcastle, not sure about Tofting - wouldnt want to go one on one with him!

I recall Shearer still celebrating as if he'd beaten a top keeper after bagging against Bo Hansen

I remember Bo Hansen going in against Newcastle, not sure about Tofting - wouldnt want to go one on one with him!

I recall Shearer still celebrating as if he'd beaten a top keeper after bagging against Bo Hansen

Thinking about it, we've have been bloody mental to stick Tofting in goal given how small he was. That game when Hansen went in goal against Newcastle was one of the best atmospheres we've had at the Reebok.

• Site Supporter

BOGDAN

RICKETTS-----------------MILLS----------KNIGHT-----------------ALONSO

VELA

SOUTH KOREAN--------ANDREWS---------------------------DAVIES---------------------PETROV

STARVIN MARVIN

subs - take your pick,who gives a fuck.....if coyle had 11 maradonas,moore's,pele's,beckenbauers and messi to choose from he'd still pick fucking pratley and co

Is Bogdan playing the very deep floating right back position?

• Site Supporter

Bolton win 2 - 1

Bogdan

Riley - Mills - Knight - Alonso

Vela

Chungy - Andrews - M.Davies - Petrov

Afobe

Liking that apart from I think Sordell would start before Afobe.

Ps welcome to the dungeon Astley

Guest Frandsen08

i remember a few years ago when we played derby at home, it was colder than serbia a few months prior to it, one of the worst games i have seen at the reebok and stelios got a 93rd minute winner. Seems like forever ago

i remember a few years ago when we played derby at home, it was colder than serbia a few months prior to it, one of the worst games i have seen at the reebok and stelios got a 93rd minute winner. Seems like forever ago

And I got a bloody parking ticket on Tesco, having foolishly thinking I'd get away with it after managing it for friendlies and Euro games (remember those?!)

One of my favourite memories from the Reebok. Proper smash and grab. Hoof up from the keeper, weird bounce, stelios header, kiss the ref!

It was a properly dire game up to that point.

I think that was after he'd been celebrating getting Jussi sent off for taking more than six seconds (or whatever it was) to get shut of the ball. Geordie barcode cunt.

Was it fuck. That was up there.

Edited by Juan.Kerr

• Moderators

I remember that day, it was a painful one. I was absolutely convinced we were going down by the time they got their third. One was a penalty and everyone was stood up to watch it, I just stayed sat down with my head in my hands and waited for their end to start cheering.

Gardner's goal was brilliant as well I think, a half volley that the keeper got a hand to. But that was one of many games in those first couple of years back in the Premier League that I thought we'd definately had it. Leeds coming and chinning us a couple of times left a similar feeling.

remember it clearly as I too thought when that 3rd went in we were going down

recall Malcolm Christie robbing Bergsson for too easily for 1 goal

as for tomorrow

no predictions, going to just turn up and see what happens