Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderersways Council.

Youri McAnespie

Bolton Roads  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I propose the formation of an alternative council. Following on from the 'Starkie' thread - I think there are too many blots on the landscape in Bolton. So I'd like to propose getting rid of one, democratically of course...

So, which road should get improving with loads of cash, and which should get improving with a load of JCBs?

* N.B. May I remind fellow councillors, this is an improvement project, not an exercise in 'ethnic cleansing' - thank you.

:)

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Trouble is, the nicer areas, it's usually because the people look after it and so don't need help.

I'll probably get slated for this but scruffy areas will be back to being scruffy areas even after you throw shit loads of money at it. Teach them self respect.

What's that saying about giving them the tools to grow, not the food?

NB - No relation of the Bolton "family".

• Moderators

Trouble is, the nicer areas, it's usually because the people look after it and so don't need help.

I'll probably get slated for this but scruffy areas will be back to being scruffy areas even after you throw shit loads of money at it. Teach them self respect.

What's that saying about giving them the tools to grow, not the food?

NB - No relation of the Bolton "family".

tmr has, indeed, been done up with euro monies

• Moderators

twas my dilemma too

most of the roads out of town are scruffy, imo theres just something about tmr that wins it the gold medal

it might be that front door almost opposite chaes still having the imprint of a menacing golf club nearly five years on that does it

• Site Supporter

It isn't too long ago that the good folk of Top O'Th Brow were given nice little wooden fences across the front gardens. Work was done at the end of October, just in time to become fuel for bonfires.

Derby Street - fucking shithole

Blackburn Road from Asda to town - fucking shithole

Halliwell Road from town end up to half way - fucking shithole. The half from AA to Raglan looks half decent.

Manchester Road from Raikes Lane to well past Asda - fucking shithole.

Deane/Wigan Road from Vulcan down into town - fucking shithole.

Tonge Moor Road dont seem that bad to me.

I'm seeing a common denominator.