HomerJay

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

How is this buying millions of votes?

do you not agree that the majority of those on £6.19 ph (or feck all) would not signup to eddy and chums (if they dont already, granted) if they THOUGHT they had a CHANCE of £7.45 ph

Edited by HomerJay

On a bit of a tangent on the BBC news this morning there was some bloke from an economics think tank suggesting they cap any payments on 2 kids, and a woman on who'd had 12 kids.

Weve had this before. Fair play to her for working and her husband, she seemed nice enough but but she was suggesting he was saying you can't have anymore, he wasn't he said have as many as you want but you don't get any money for them after 2. I thought that reasonable really.

She didn't

do you not agree that the majority of those on £6.19 ph (or feck all) would not signup to eddy and chums (if they dont already, granted) if they THOUGHT they had a CHANCE of £7.45 ph

You miss the point. Labour fetch out a policy and without explanation or reasonming, you say it's an aim to buy millions of votes. You should explain why you think that is the case before asking me what I think.

On a bit of a tangent on the BBC news this morning there was some bloke from an economics think tank suggesting they cap any payments on 2 kids, and a woman on who'd had 12 kids.

Weve had this before. Fair play to her for working and her husband, she seemed nice enough but but she was suggesting he was saying you can't have anymore, he wasn't he said have as many as you want but you don't get any money for them after 2. I thought that reasonable really.

She didn't

It is somewhat irritating to see massive families complaining they are not getting more support from the state. It is also annoying to see families earning decent wedge complaining they don't get more, too. Call me old fashioned and I am aware not all children are delierately conceived, but if you cannot afford kids, that would be the time moreso than ever to get off at Daubhill.

some of them on £6.19 dont even deserve that most on that money must be retards in a retard job

if you worked for a decent boss/company im sure they would pay you what you are worth

some of them on £6.19 dont even deserve that most on that money must be retards in a retard job

Dont agree with that mate.

Jobs a job for me,If your grafting your earning...no matter what your job title is.

Most people that work in the catering industry are on minimum wage,add that to the unsociable hours,I think they get the shit end of the stick.

Way it is at the minute,you have got to get what you can.

Its maybe not fair to call them retards. I would imagine the big supermarkets pay minimum wage for the till girls and shelf stackers - for some people, this is the ideal sort of job as they can work their hours around school times etc, so it's a job of convenience. I think more of somebody who works all week for £6.00 per hour than some fat lazy cunt sat on his sofa scratching his nuts and complaining that "it's not worth getting out of bed for that sort of wage"

God, I can't believe I've just typed that, what's happending to me...

if you worked for a decent boss/company im sure they would pay you what you are worth

No a boss/ comany will pay you what he thinks he can get away with and the market dictates this, if you job is in demand then they pay more to keep you , if they is no demand for you skills you are likey to have you wages cut

Dont agree with that mate.

Jobs a job for me,If your grafting your earning...no matter what your job title is.

Most people that work in the catering industry are on minimum wage,add that to the unsociable hours,I think they get the shit end of the stick.

Way it is at the minute,you have got to get what you can.

spot on there Gonzo.

If folk are working then i don't care what they're doing as they are earning their keep.

I hope you're taking the piss.

There's people out there doing their best on low incomes, a fair few with a good brain and work ethic.

Next time you're waiting for a coffee at McDonalds, just smile at the person handing it over, they're possibly a really nice person either working part time to supplement their student fees, a mother working round school hours or a lad who can't get on in a trade.

• Site Supporter

small co's can afford to pay anymore though.

at the end of the day, certain roles will always be required and there will be people willing/having to work in that role.

an increase in wage directed by someone other than the company itself is just plain wrong imo.

• Moderators

I feel sorry for the cunts coming out of uni in a few years with £40K+ of debts and some scutter with no qualifications has more disposable income than them.

That said, Labour could offer to make me a millionaire and I wouldn't vote for them as they currently stand.

• Members

Next time you're waiting for a coffee at McDonalds, just smile at the person handing it over, they're possibly a really nice person either working part time to supplement their student fees, a mother working round school hours or a lad who can't get on in a trade.

Don't be silly. He's going to be thinking about his impending BJ.

I feel sorry for the cunts coming out of uni in a few years with £40K+ of debts and some scutter with no qualifications has more disposable income than them.

I don't.

I'd already paid thousands in tax and NI by the time they'd stop fucking about at Uni, so fuck em.

Society didn't pay for me to do my part time ONC/HNC's/Degree for 10 years.

The scutter will always be a scutter, the student will either suceed or fail but I don't see why I should subsidise some fucker stopping out of the paying society until their in their mid 20's.

I don't.

I'd already paid thousands in tax and NI by the time they'd stop fucking about at Uni, so fuck em.

Society didn't pay for me to do my part time ONC/HNC's/Degree for 10 years.

The scutter will always be a scutter, the student will either suceed or fail but I don't see why I should subsidise some fucker stopping out of the paying society until their in their mid 20's.

Yeah, because all students go to university for that reason alone.

Having said that, I did.

Labour are used to spending someone else money so theres fuck all change there then.

If I had 100 lads on minimum wage and the Gvt ordered me to pay them 20% more then guess what, there will be 20 claiming dole the week after.

Might as well say they're going to give free Range Rovers out too.

Fucking halfwits.

Yeah, because all students go to university for that reason alone.

Having said that, I did.

I never said that's the reason they do it. That's just your opinion. Some do it to progress or assist a career choice. Some do it to fuck about till they're 25.

I'm not helping the former earn good coin and I'm not paying for the latter to fuck about. So why should some young lad who's not academically gifted do the same when he's flogging his arse off on a building site?

I said they are staying out of paying society, which is a fact, and something they have chosen to do.

Heard on the wireless this afternoon that loads of the banks already pay it.

Barclays said that they have saved money by doing it because their staff turnover rates are miles lower than average, so they save in recruitment costs

For a minute there I thought that meant they were paying bank staff minimum/living wage and thinking to myself no wonder the banks are fucked!

Wendy Cuthbert, head of UK corporate real estate services for Barclays Group, said that

since adopting the London Living Wage in 2007 her company has seen catering staff

retention rates increase to 77% compared to an industry norm of 54%, and cleaning staff

retention rates climb to 92% compared to the industry norm of 35%.

Edited by Andydee