Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Market Place/bolton Town Centre/rant Page.

Horwich

• Site Supporter

There's a aweet shoppe in Htown and that's been open for a couple of years. I've never been in but I've been past and it has all the jars along a wall old school stylee. Folk must use it if it's still open though unless it's a front.

I think I might go in this weekend

my mate's Dad owns that. It's brill.

You will notice he opens earlier during the week than at weekends.

Not many kids at RBHS want to missing dental appointments.

Might have been posted already, but only just noticed that Dixons has shut near Fred's statue, bought my first proper camera in there off that bloke from daubhill with the wonky eye.

Nothing left for me in town now r.i.p. Bolton.

Edited by hughmungus

• Site Supporter

my mate's Dad owns that. It's brill.

You will notice he opens earlier during the week than at weekends.

Not many kids at RBHS want to missing dental appointments.

I go in once a week, they do the special sweets that don't make me ill, bit more of a selection than most shops.

perhaps stuff like this could regenerate the place

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10182178.Tamer___s_grisly_death_in_Victoria_Square_among_burial_records/

As Massarti was nearing the end of his act in Bolton, one of the lions, called Tyrant, attacked him, seizing him by the hip, while an African lion fastened on to him by the stump of his arm.

Massarti was said to have jabbed at the animals with his sword, while police fired blank rounds into the cage and the “panic stricken” crowd screamed.

A third lion grabbed Massarti by the ribs and a fourth ripped open his scalp, leaving skin hanging down his neck.

Circus attendants heated irons to drive three of the lions away and into the other half of the cage but at this point another lion dragged Massarti across to the other lions.

When he was eventually brought out of the cage away from the lions, the Bolton Evening News described him as a “poor and almost pulseless piece of humanity”.

• 2 weeks later...

went into the town centre yesterday and all i can say is depressing. Grey, dull, no life to it. I used to enjoy going into to Town but when all you see are dirty closed shops, skanky Eastern Europeans or even skankier scrots spitting every 2 steps and being genereally annoying, its very sad to see. Trafford Centre for me from now on, which I know has contributed to the demise of the Town centre, but it really has turned into pit . Sad really

• Site Supporter

I went in on Friday. How long until Lancastrian is no longer the dialect heard most? Or is it that the Poles, Albanians, Croats, etc. like to shout instead of chat quietly? Eastern Europeans are definately on the increase.

Imagine the dissapointment if it was one of them "Mystery Coach Tours" where you don't know where it's going to until you arrive

I have an amusing story I was told of a couple from HTown who went to Blackpool for their holibobs which is bad enough as it is, but I think they were old & old people do that sort of thing. Hanyhow, they went on one of those mystery coach trips.

Imagine their surprise when the coach pitched up at the Barn. :D

I have an amusing story I was told of a couple from HTown who went to Blackpool for their holibobs which is bad enough as it is, but I think they were old & old people do that sort of thing. Hanyhow, they went on one of those mystery coach trips.

Imagine their surprise when the coach pitched up at the Barn. :D

I was going to post that but couldn't remember all details. At least it was the Barn and not Bolton Town Centre.

• Moderators

Similar one. Stag do in Blackpool, lad bumps into his next door neighbour pissed up so gets him on the coach home. Knocks on their door "I've found your dad pissed up", "he's meant to be on holiday with my mum in Blackpool".

Similar one. Stag do in Blackpool, lad bumps into his next door neighbour pissed up so gets him on the coach home. Knocks on their door "I've found your dad pissed up", "he's meant to be on holiday with my mum in Blackpool".

brilliant, just brilliant ::lol::

• 3 weeks later...

There's a aweet shoppe in Htown and that's been open for a couple of years. I've never been in but I've been past and it has all the jars along a wall old school stylee. Folk must use it if it's still open though unless it's a front.

I think I might go in this weekend

on my last visit to ginge town, me and the little un spent a small fortune in it