Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Th'egg Chasing

superjohnmcginlay

RL - 3 English counties, two Australian states and token presences in France and Papua New Guinea.

So has it been for as long as I can remember including failed experiments in London, Adelaide and Perth.

I see no growth therefore popularity for RL is at best stagnant and exists only in traditional hotbeds. Outsiders/others are not taking it up.

Sorry mate but your talking with your cock hanging out. That statement is about 30 years out of date.

You're now going to tell me that union is played across the world. Well, so is league. So is kabadi. So is fishing. So is dominos.

See if ru was played like France played that first half then I might like it a bit more. The yellow bellies are playing some decent stuff too.

At one point I saw at least 6 passes one after the other without anyone dropping it, looping a pass 20 feet into the air, or hooooofing it into next week.

Now that was good rugby.

Those last few moments when the frogs were camped on the wop line I reckon 80% of that time was lost with them having repeated gay pile ons.

Ping the fucking thing about.

Google 'wide to west'. That's how you win a game in the last seconds.

• Members

Sorry mate but your talking with your cock hanging out. That statement is about 30 years out of date.

You're now going to tell me that union is played across the world. Well, so is league. So is kabadi. So is fishing. So is dominos.

I will absorb your insult mate. I won't even ask you to prove my out of date statement incorrect.

Your foresight with Italy astounds me. I would never have picked that result.

Mighty indeed.

Italy. Indeed. Did you see them celebrate their shock win. Like they'd won the World Cup.

A bit like that non playing rugby league nation New Zealand beating Australia in the rlwc last time out.

There's 60+ counties affiliated to international RL. There's 100 ranked with ru.

In both instances there's countries I've never even heard of.

Point being, RL is played all over the world just like ru. If you're having Guam as a ru playing nation them I'm having Lithuania.

Lastly, because I'm really bored now, look at the sky sports viewing figures. RL is regularly second behind football as the most watched sport. Even championship games regularly get bigger viewing figures than the ru premiership.

• Moderators
RL is regularly second behind football as the most watched sport.

really?

more than darts?

more than cricket?

that does surprise me, unless you're saying its second behind football IF theres no cricket on and IF theres no darts on :)

• Members

It's always amused me when they talk about great pieces of skill in rugby. Great pieces of skill such as pretending to throw it but not actually throwing it. :D

It's just a sport of folk too big to play footie as far as I can see.

I'm also aware it's a sport I could never play as I'd be snapped clean in half within the first 2 mins.

The only code I really watch is Union .. and that's only if the 6 Nations or world cup are on so I can support England.

really?

more than darts?

more than cricket?

that does surprise me, unless you're saying its second behind football IF theres no cricket on and IF theres no darts on :)

I'd imagine the darts over Xmas beats football, as maybe would th'ashes. One off events.

Hell, sometimes the country finds 20 million retards to watch Eastenders.

If you read what I put, I said regularly the 2nd, not week in week out. There's plenty sites out there showing the viewing figures.

That said, I've never actually seen it myself because all I have is an old wireless in my outside shithouse. :D

Sounds like you've convinced thisen pal.

No different to New South Welshmen who call RL 'the greatest game of all'.

Delusion is not only the stomping ground of Evertonians and Geordies.

Maybe so.

Some may think scooters are wank and not a patch on proper bikes that don't take their engines from vacuum cleaners.

He'd be a bit dim to say nobody outside the Quadrophenia studios ever bothers with them though.

• Members

Maybe so.

Some may think scooters are wank and not a patch on proper bikes that don't take their engines from vacuum cleaners.

He'd be a bit dim to say nobody outside the Quadrophenia studios ever bothers with them though.

Touche! :thumbsup:

Only revving thee pal. I think you have twigged that I am full of admiration for the athletes if not the stop start game itself.

Italy. Indeed. Did you see them celebrate their shock win. Like they'd won the World Cup.

A bit like that non playing rugby league nation New Zealand beating Australia in the rlwc last time out.

There's 60+ counties affiliated to international RL. There's 100 ranked with ru.

In both instances there's countries I've never even heard of.

Point being, RL is played all over the world just like ru. If you're having Guam as a ru playing nation them I'm having Lithuania.

Lastly, because I'm really bored now, look at the sky sports viewing figures. RL is regularly second behind football as the most watched sport. Even championship games regularly get bigger viewing figures than the ru premiership.

I have an uncle who played amateur RL in the thirties and forties.

He emigrated to NZ in 1953. I never understood how a man who could not write the words "Rugby Union" in a letter - instead he always referred to "that silly kicking game" - could choose NZ rather than East Coast Australia.

He actually played RU in the Army. Once a grouop travelled from Catterick to watch a good class match at Roundhay. He fielded goal kicks and returned the ball to the halway line with ease. Someone sidled round and asked him to play the following week. He made excuses but they persisted, so he explained that he was an RL man. "We don't need to know that" was the response. So much for ethics.