Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kevin Davies

tomski

Guest Blixa

I understand why he isn't getting a new deal.

I don't understand why it has come out with eight games still to play.

If he'd made half a dozen substitute appearances, it might not make much odds. As it is, he's played most weeks.

It's stupid.

Someone has pushed the issue. Anyone's guess as to which side.

Disgusting treatment for a true BWFC legend who gave his all in every game.

Yes, his effectiveness of the pitch has lessened but i would have thought he would go into coaching with us.

The lad sounds gutted.

I know some people feel he has too much influence around the place but to tell him on his birthday, with only 2 days to sort out a loan and to miss out on a testimonial for 10 years loyal service by 5 days is terrible.

BWFC - hang your heads in shame.

BWFC are a multi million pound business and SKD has earnt himself Millions of pounds at the club

And folk are moaning about him being told on his birthday

Fucking seriously??

Who gives a shit?! Do these people not go into work on their birthdays because the poor loves may get some bad news

Jesus wept

Listened to talks port on the motorway what a fucking nonsense and kevin has definately not showered himself in glory at all if he's miffed fine but keep a lid on it we've got a push for the play offs to focus on completely selfish act maybe in the heat of the moment but the whining he did about not get a new deal was all abit embarrassing its football it's a real shame that its come to this but he did the interview the clubs done nothing wrong IMO he'll be regretting that tomorrow I think really sounded like sour grapes

2 sides to a story...let's hear the clubs.

Decision is right, timing seems odd.

Testimonial shouldn't be expected. But a way for the fans to thank a top player for us over the years should be a given.

Maybe the club let it out so we could thank him if we can't afford testimonials so be it he doesn't need the money and if his charities will go without then more fool them for counting on something not contractual and I'm sure he can raise more kev really doesn't have a leg to stand on IMO

I get 84 in 373 for KD

and 122 in 347 for DB

at least KD would get on a plane

what I don't get is all this sense of animosity towards him

has he stayed here too long? he's not as good as he was, but all the managers including DF keep picking him so not sure why he gets so much shit

he's been a great player for us, deserves a bit more respect for me - we've been good for each other over the last 10 years

Says 407 on BBC.

The animosity is strange he always gives his all and I was rather proud when he played for England.

He is 36 not 6 so can not expect the club to employ him because it is his birthday.

Wonder if Durham mentioned slagging him off when he got his England cap?

Amazes me how many Of our own seem to love slagging the club off and believing the worst of them.Even the plant pots who have been slagging KD off are now having a go without both sides of story yet to come out. What has been said between the club/manager & KD in these private talks? Who is to say Kevin hasn't pushed it by saying, look I've got an offer to go out on loan, am I getting a new contract at the end of the season or not? Do BWFC string him along with no intention of giving him one or are they honest about it now? What plans has Dougie got for the rest of this season, regarding a replacement? We all know he was going anyway in summer.

I really hope things don't get soured (shut up Mrs Davies please!) and we do get to give a decent farewell. I have spent half my time defending KD on here this season, he will always be a Bolton Legend but all good things come to and end and sometimes it can't just be a happy ending for everyone involved. Was always going to be tricky.

I thought the idea was that the timing gave him a chance to go out on loan somewhere? It's a shame that there's so much access to media these days. His wife's a loose cannon at the best of times and he's giving interviews when his heads not right. Impressed with managers comments. Davies has been fantastic for us i wish him all the best wherever he goes or does. Thanks for the memory's time to move on

Says 407 on BBC.

The animosity is strange he always gives his all and I was rather proud when he played for England.

He is 36 not 6 so can not expect the club to employ him because it is his birthday.

Wonder if Durham mentioned slagging him off when he got his England cap?

He's a friend of the show now.

Amazes me how many Of our own seem to love slagging the club off and believing the worst of them.Even the plant pots who have been slagging KD off are now having a go without both sides of story yet to come out. What has been said between the club/manager & KD in these private talks? Who is to say Kevin hasn't pushed it by saying, look I've got an offer to go out on loan, am I getting a new contract at the end of the season or not? Do BWFC string him along with no intention of giving him one or are they honest about it now? What plans has Dougie got for the rest of this season, regarding a replacement? We all know he was going anyway in summer.

I really hope things don't get soured (shut up Mrs Davies please!) and we do get to give a decent farewell. I have spent half my time defending KD on here this season, he will always be a Bolton Legend but all good things come to and end and sometimes it can't just be a happy ending for everyone involved. Was always going to be tricky.

Hear hear

I thought the idea was that the timing gave him a chance to go out on loan somewhere? It's a shame that there's so much access to media these days. His wife's a loose cannon at the best of times and he's giving interviews when his heads not right. Impressed with managers comments. Davies has been fantastic for us i wish him all the best wherever he goes or does. Thanks for the memory's time to move on

I'm unsure what the club has done wrong here?

• Site Supporter

Football is all about passion and sentiment. If it wasn't, it'd be no more interesting then watching emmer dale farm.

To that end, the lad and particularly his charity, deserve a testimonial.

Pissing and whining whilst your wife treats it like Phil Gartside has been round and injected him directly in the arse with a syringe full of cancer, well that's a bit shit.

But the point is that his career is pretty much over. After this he fades away so why shouldn't he expect this in return for his loyalty?

I see both sides, but I'm falling on the sentimental one for now.