Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Close Season Arry Watch

no balls

I'd not disagree with that. He's always been someone who always tends to buy rather then develop. You could say the same about plenty of other managers though. Allardyce for starters.

Just so we're clear though, I'd not want you to think I'm not of the opinion that 'Arry's a cunt.

Ha ha course we all know he's a cunt.

I merely want to dispel this myth he's a good manager when he really isn't.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Tomski

You're in a 'Saw' type scenario and in a room with two other men. The only way you can survive is to save the life of one and to end the life of another.

The two other men in the room with you are 'Arry and CE7.

Who lives and who dies??

Tomski

You're in a 'Saw' type scenario and in a room with two other men. The only way you can survive is to save the life of one and to end the life of another.

Who lives and who dies??

are all three of them wearing pink polo shirts?

Tomski

Who lives and who dies??

See as I'm a glass half full man, I'd look at the positives as I could end one wanker.

I would choose Redknapp as Eagles potentially has a sell on value, which we could reinvest in good players.

"Certain parts of his reputation are unfair, as he has had more successes than failures, and when you sit down and look at his transfer record over his 26 years as a boss you find that he has spent £222.23 million and recouped £230.37 million."

http://soccerlens.co...football/58373/

He definitely had a clause in his Spuds contract that he earned a % of the transfer value of players he sold. Wonder how much of that £230m ended up in his or his dog's account?

He definitely had a clause in his Spuds contract that he earned a % of the transfer value of players he sold. Wonder how much of that £230m ended up in his or his dog's account?

That was in his Pompey contract, I very much doubt that Levy would allow that

From what I remember he got a % of the profit on player sales, He must have done well out of the Diarra to Madrid deal.

I think it's fair to question this may have happened at Portsmouth as well?

• Moderators

Spurs were in an okay position when he left.

It's up to the owners of the business to ensure the club is financially sound, not the manager IMO. A lot of the players he signed for Portsmouth were players who would still have a high re-sale value - Crouch, Diarra, Defoe, etc.

aye, Levy wouldn't let him anywhere near transfers at Spurs, took some input but when it came to spending/negotiating he wasn't allowed to get involved

always been like that, pretty sure Jol asked for a right winger, and they bought Bale instead, much to his annoynance at the time

aye, Levy wouldn't let him anywhere near transfers at Spurs, took some input but when it came to spending/negotiating he wasn't allowed to get involved

always been like that, pretty sure Jol asked for a right winger, and they bought Bale instead, much to his annoynance at the time

That was under the Comolli era, he was responsible for all transfers, Juande Ramos, was just the coach

'Arry was all for getting rid of Bale, then he got in the side through injury. The rest as they say is history.

• Moderators

'Arry was all for getting rid of Bale, then he got in the side through injury. The rest as they say is history.

not quite, Redknapp stuck with him despite getting shit off the press for playing him

they didn't win in his first 24 games

"But, amazingly, the Premier League side failed to register a win in his first 24 appearances, leading some journalists to question whether Spurs manager Harry Redknapp was right to select him.

The Sun's Pat Sheehan covered Tottenham's 1-0 defeat by Everton on 30 November, 2008. He wrote: "One glance at the score and any Spurs fan will tell you without looking at the line-up that Gareth Bale must have played.""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21584747

not quite, Redknapp stuck with him despite getting shit off the press for playing him

they didn't win in his first 24 games

"But, amazingly, the Premier League side failed to register a win in his first 24 appearances, leading some journalists to question whether Spurs manager Harry Redknapp was right to select him.

The Sun's Pat Sheehan covered Tottenham's 1-0 defeat by Everton on 30 November, 2008. He wrote: "One glance at the score and any Spurs fan will tell you without looking at the line-up that Gareth Bale must have played.""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21584747

I'm not convinced we can thank Redknapp for Bale's brilliance.

Can't stand the bloke, AVB may have only taken Spurs to 5th but he got more points than any Spurs team have in the Premier league, yet the 'arry loving media can't wait to drool over he got them to 4th twice.

Well said. It was irrelevant getting to 4th once anyway so only credit him with once.

Caulker would not of got a look in under redknapp and another player i think he ruined was pavelychenko, who imo was a class striker.

• 1 month later...