Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton In Europe

bolty58

Did them all, four of the aways complete with partner in wheelchair. Not easy !   :lol:

Just happened at a time the trips could be afforded, and various other things clicked into place. Not sure I could have afforded another European season. Maybe less really is more sometimes.

Fantastic memories.

:drinks:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did them all, four of the aways complete with partner in wheelchair. Not easy ! :lol:

Just happened at a time the trips could be afforded, and various other things clicked into place. Not sure I could have afforded another European season. Maybe less really is more sometimes.

Fantastic memories.

:drinks:

Fair comment, you do wonder how long we could sustain the expense. I don't have kids but those with I could imagine it could've ended up with 'new school shoes or a flight to an Eastern European dump'.

I did the Guimaraes trip, 219 for the return flights and 17 for the ticket if I remember rightly plus expenses but its a memory that'll live forever in my mind. I would of liked to have done Munich and plovdiv. Even though the opposition was turd I was surprised we only sold 21k I think at home to plovdiv as it was a piece of history being our first home UEFA cup game. I thought the club may of brought out a DVD on the tournament but to no avail.

8 out of 9 for me. (Skopje was impossible )

I thought Istanbul & Belgrade were the best because you really knew you were abroad....in Munich most of the locals spoke better English than me, though that was the best game.

The Portuguese were the nicest people....the Spanish were the only ones i didn't like,

Lisbon , Marseilles  & Istanbul were most interesting to explore,

Sunny Beach & Bourgas was the rowdiest (in a good way ) with Guimares & Porto 2nd.

• Moderators

Plaza de Santiago.

The fountain was in Largo de Toural.

Praça :)

There's usually a load of tables and restaurants with a few bars.

The fountain has gone, they redid Toural for the Capital of Culture last year.

Praça :)

There's usually a load of tables and restaurants with a few bars.

The fountain has gone, they redid Toural for the Capital of Culture last year.

Sorry, yes, Praca.

And possibly Sao Tiago too?