Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Travelling

Big E

Any of you lot done it? Any good routes to recommend. I finish here in September and debating goin seeing the world an doing what I should have done as a student / apprentice

What you should have done as a student is drink and shag

You live in Hamburg FFS, you don't need to go anywhere else for that

I took over 12 months out few years ago. best memories of my life. I was in Australia for most of that time.

Also had a few weeks in Thailand en route.

You wont regret going Travelling E but you may regret squandering the opportunity.

I always fancied doing South America, Me and a mate were going to go for 3-4 weeks in 2007, but i ended up getting my Mrs preggers.

Far East is superb, Thailand, do the smaller island rather than the sleazy bits, then onto Vietnam, Cambodia etc

Finish off in Aus, I prefered Gold Coast as opposed to Sydney and Melbourne etc

Best thing you'll ever do. I got a 12 month round the world trip and came back 3 years having only got around about a quarter of it.

Turns out it's actually quite large.

Only thing I would say is that most of the major routes have been well mapped out now, so if you've any romantic notions of beating a trail, you're going to have to pick somewhere very different. There is very little struggle involved anymore!

Can't beat SE Asia in my opinion.

Guest Jazzas_Bird

traveltime is must thing. wen bored of place to live me and my borthers just hitch caravan to back of tractor and move to new place of niceness

843510_ba1840bd.jpg

Best thing you'll ever do. I got a 12 month round the world trip and came back 3 years having only got around about a quarter of it.

Turns out it's actually quite large.

Only thing I would say is that most of the major routes have been well mapped out now, so if you've any romantic notions of beating a trail, you're going to have to pick somewhere very different. There is very little struggle involved anymore!

Can't beat SE Asia in my opinion.

See I don't mind it being easy. I ain't in to messing around. Time is my biggest issue so if I can do a plan that's sound.

Garp, World Cup is pretty much nailed on. Only problem is working out how best to do it.

See I don't mind it being easy. I ain't in to messing around. Time is my biggest issue so if I can do a plan that's sound.

Garp, World Cup is pretty much nailed on. Only problem is working out how best to do it.

You could do a whistle stop tour of Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia in a month as long as you were up for being on the move all the time.

Alternatively, just travel Thailand, couple of days in Bangkok, fly to Chiang Mail, Pai, back to Bangkok, East coast Islands, West coast islands and back to Bangkok, fly home. Easy beans. Have done that trip in 3 weeks in the past when I've just been on holiday.

Quite easy, go on a massive fitness regime between now and say Christmas. Once you're as fit as a flea get a contract with a Premiership club and then whack in 20 goals between January and the end of the season. That way you'll be one of the first picks, especially as we're low on decent strikers. You'll then be there until at least the round of 16, and you can also get Garrp some comps as well. HTH 

The only issue might be proving English nationality, what with you being a Welshist

You could do a whistle stop tour of Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia in a month as long as you were up for being on the move all the time.

Alternatively, just travel Thailand, couple of days in Bangkok, fly to Chiang Mail, Pai, back to Bangkok, East coast Islands, West coast islands and back to Bangkok, fly home. Easy beans. Have done that trip in 3 weeks in the past when I've just been on holiday.

The 3 weeks travelling may be the best format. That way I don't lose my work contacts.

Always fancied Route 66 as well.