Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Iv Been In Some Grim Pubs

Garrp

What's the one at the bottom of COR which has always got the shutters down? Lord Nelson?

That doesn't look the most welcoming of gaffs.

I don't think I have seen anyone walk in or out of their. Doesn't really push the boat out to suggest its open.

Theres a pub in Cheetham Hill ive drove past alot called The Robin Hood, if I ever swallow enough brave pills i may nip in one day til then i will remain curious!

Was gonna go in their on Thursday to kill time, but the person I was meeting turned up early. Might have been a plus looking back ha

Flemish Weaver is clearly a shit pub, in a shit location, in a shithole, it's not a rough pub just proper shit!!!

The Woolpack however I frequented over 20 or so times. The last I was chased out by wankers throwing pool balls.

You need to sort that stammer out, James :D

Edited by no balls

• Site Supporter

Flying Shuttle in New Bury, I played a bloke at darts in there with one arm.

I couldn't concentrate.

Anyway the pub has since closed, I'm sure it was voted in the top 10 roughest pubs last year.

Was he throwing with his stump?

Anyhow, there's no way that place was as rough as the papers made it out.

Queen Victoria or summat in Levenshulme.

Was sat at a table having a few pints on Boxing day about 5 years ago watching soccer saturday. Getting stared down by everyone in there, it smelt of dog and then just as we were leaving a guy woke up from underneath the next table.

would be the Little Vic near The Canadian Charcoal pit near the knocking shop

I did 2 weeks as a relief manager there in the early 90s. Longest fortnight of my life. Didn't sleep a wink, living in total fear.

Theres a pub in Cheetham Hill ive drove past alot called The Robin Hood, if I ever swallow enough brave pills i may nip in one day til then i will remain curious!

The Robin Hoods not as bad as it looks from outside

Flying Shuttle in New Bury, I played a bloke at darts in there with one arm.

I couldn't concentrate.

Anyway the pub has since closed, I'm sure it was voted in the top 10 roughest pubs last year.

The shuttle is in Highfield, not New Bury, mate. Used to be my local.

Not rough but certainly not right We had tea in the Balcarres on Sunday night over Haigh/Aspull way as someone said it was cheap and cheerful.

I'd recommend it if you fancy being entertained by Wigginers singing randomly :)

That the Earl of Balcarres in Scholes, next to the tower blocks? All the scrotes from the towers end up in there, it's one of the roughest pubs in WIgan (which takes some doing)

Last Orders in Wigan town centre is seriously grim amd all. More than once I've seen pensioners in shellsuits scrapping outside there before midday

That the Earl of Balcarres in Scholes, next to the tower blocks? All the scrotes from the towers end up in there, it's one of the roughest pubs in WIgan (which takes some doing)

Different pub completely. I know a bloke goes in that Balcarres, he's menkul, but hilarious. It's not that bad though, unless the nobs from the Flamingo now go in there.

Different pub completely. I know a bloke goes in that Balcarres, he's menkul, but hilarious. It's not that bad though, unless the nobs from the Flamingo now go in there.

It goes from being just weird during the day (old men crying at horse racing, dogs on string etc) to rough as arseholes at night. Wouldn't go in after 5pm if you paid me

I did 2 weeks as a relief manager there in the early 90s. Longest fortnight of my life. Didn't sleep a wink, living in total fear.

Oh aye, I meant that. I always get mixed up with it being so close.

Is that called the Flemish weaver?

Cracking pub. I went on a school trip to the university across the road when I was 15. Me and about five others managed to lose the rest of our class and fucked off in there for the afternoon. No problems getting served and one of the locals even sold us a fiver deal of rocky which they let us smoke in the pub. Best school trip ever.

Hartlepool or Darlington away, not sure which, went in a pub with the other member of bingley whites, there was no one behind the bar, just a table drinking plastic bottles of cider, turned out was the barmaid.

She did serve us but they had no glasses left so only bottles, oh and they had a small pony with them.

We debated asking what food they had on but were too busy laughing. Not scared in sense you felt in danger but very very strange.

The building is being done up, wth likely uses ranging from appartments, to doctors surgery to Lidl etc

Itwasn't the roughest pub in Farnworth, never mind Britain.

I don't think I have seen anyone walk in or out of their. Doesn't really push the boat out to suggest its open.

I've been in, but it's years ago. There were West Indian blokes playing dominoes slamming them down and shouting the way they do.

I was the only white man in and felt like a spot on one of the dominoes.