I was a lazy fuck all the way through education, now I work 60 hours a week

It can change

Give kids a chance, is all I'm saying

Edited by boltondiver

I was lazy fuck all the way through education, now I work 60 hours a week

It can change

Give kids a chance, is all I'm saying

You can't give them a chance if they don't turn up for the fucking interview

I can just imagine prospective employers ringing these workshy youngsters...

"Well you didn't turn up for the interview, but your Mum told me you grunted something about "Being ill..." and "I'll get another job next week" from the depths of your wankpit - well, that's good enough for us, welcome aboard!"

Kid: "Muuuaarrrgh?"

When I was a kid at infants school the toffee shop near school sold chocolate or bubble gum that came with silver 'POP' badges...

Anyhow, 'Musical Youth' was one of them, other Poptastic bands featured in these (that I can remember) were ones which every self-respecting six year old was into - including 'Bauhaus' and 'Echo and the Bunnymen'.

Come to think of it, the toffee firm probably only used bands/acts who probably wouldn't be arsed suing for breach of copyright.

The Youth are probably best advised keeping clear of matters relating to breach of copyright. Have a listen to Pass the Kouchie by the Mighty Diamonds.

We are looking at taking on an apprentice.

Seven are being interviewed, three down for today.

First one at 9 didn't turn up.

10.30 one rang at 10 saying he wasn't coming, reason why, too early & was still in bed.

12 noon has turned up, t-shirt and jeans. Asked him to fill out some forms and he doesn't know his address...

Roll on Monday…

we have taken on four apprentices in the last 12 months, i reckon we have interviewed around 100 to find 4 decent ones

alledgedly education standards have improved over  the years, horseshit

• Members

I cant understand it, you had to work when you left school, you would have no money to go to the matches otherwise.

In my household (and in most I'd imagine) I was told I'd have to either stay on in further education or get a job.  Doing neither simply wasn't an option if I still wanted a roof over my head.

Then again, my parents have worked all their lives.  Not sure how a parents who've been claiming benefits most of their lives would be able to take any sort of high ground over their own work shy kids.

So benefits claimants should encourage their kids to do likewise?

Regardless of our personal feelings toward them, benefits parents should be able to take the 'moral high ground' and tell their kids what to do by virtue of the fact they are adults (in loose terms possibly) and kids are fucking kids (literally as well).

The kids are alright? They fucking aren't!

Stop trying to be 'down' with 'em Daz, that ship sailed long ago. :)

Edited by Youri McAnespie

My last two pennorth, I witnessed a kid yesterday trying to belittle an adult over a historical fact they had wrong (The number killed in The Holocaust, the adult was out by a million or so in the victim count - they're not a 'denier' tho' so don't report them to Searchlight :)). Anyhow, they had a bit of back and forth until the kid, obviously having an internet-ready device glued to their personage, consulted the oracle of Wikipedia - shot down the adult, then sat back looking smug.

I felt like going over, picking the £800 laptop (paid for by the sweat of the brow of the 'thicko') and slinging it in the dustbin, before giving them a General Knowledge quiz without the fucking internet at their fingertips...

Being able to file a search term into Google doesn't equal knowledge.

Finally, to close my argument, I normally think these slogan picture American things are wank, but this did raise a smile today...Glorify the youth? Glorify this lot (the ones on the right), or consider their opinions valid? Never!

jfMa1.jpg

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members

So benefits claimants should encourage their kids to do likewise?

Regardless of our personal feelings toward them, benefits parents should be able to take the 'moral high ground' and tell their kids what to do by virtue of the fact they are adults (in loose terms possibly) and kids are fucking kids (literally as well).

The kids are alright? They fucking aren't!

Stop trying to be 'down' with 'em Daz, that ship sailed long ago. :)

Fortunately I was never in the position of ever having to question what my parents said (obviously, I always knew better ... or thought I did at the time).

Seriously though, how can parents who've never worked a day of their lives tell their kids they've got to go out their and earn a living.  How's the kid going to have any respect for any words coming out of their mum and dad's mouths whilst preaching from their leather settee in front of their 50 inch telly?

Like it  or lump it, and without making excuses for it, there are large swathes of society who are reliant on benefits. The point isn't about them shaping up, it's about their offspring not falling into the same trap or taking the easier option. I suppose this might mean a bit of a 'do what I say, not what I do' hypocritical type of scenario, but that's a necessary evil surely?

• Members

Like it  or lump it, and without making excuses for it, there are large swathes of society who are reliant on benefits. The point isn't about them shaping up, it's about their offspring not falling into the same trap or taking the easier option. I suppose this might mean a bit of a 'do what I say, not what I do' hypocritical type of scenario, but that's a necessary evil surely?

Of course, I fully agree.

Not gonna happen though for large parts of society who are more than happy to continue taking despite never putting anything in.

The only way it'll ever change is if you're financially worse off claiming than you would be if you were working.

Of course, I fully agree.

Not gonna happen though for large parts of society who are more than happy to continue taking despite never putting anything in.

The only way it'll ever change is if you're financially worse off claiming than you would be if you were working.

No, there are other ways, contaminate Lambrini and White Cider stocks with Syphillis on a wholescale basis, or shoot them alongside the Badgers - get two culls for just over the price of one