Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rugby League World Cup

Big E

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the fuck is going to watch the likes of America and the Cook Islands heaving away?

Surely a tri nation tournament would suffice here?

They have been emailing schools for the game at LSV (Cook Island v Tonga), tickets going for half price. They are also have a tag rugby competition for schools at Leigh East during the afternoon and there is one on the pitch at half time.

I was thinking of the 02 Nov (we're Bournemouth away) against Ireland if you fancy it. I just need to check if Tarquin fancies it too first.

Thaletrail could be an idea as it's @ Thuddersfield.

If I don't go to the football this is a distinct possibility. Where does the ale trail start

Who the fuck is going to watch the likes of America and the Cook Islands heaving away?

Surely a tri nation tournament would suffice here?

Well I guess who the fuck is going to watch Trinidad and Tobago v Sweden in brazil. (Not sure if this is a possibility, but point still stands).

You're always going to get matches with less appeal. Especially rugby league which is a victim of a lot of 'prejudices'.

• Site Supporter

Do you not fancy it then, Spidey?

Don't get me wrong, I like RL a lot.

I just think a World Cup is a waste of time.

And yes, I'd watch Trinidad take on Sweden at football, as the competition to reach the football World Cup means it would probably be a decent game.

To qualify for the RL World Cup, you just need to have 13 people in your entire country who know the rules.

• Site Supporter

I don't think anyone is going to compare the biggest thing in the world behind religion to rugby league are they though. Putting the 2 in comparison is absolutely ridiculous.

You started it luv.

I'm just saying having a team of scratch part timers in a World Cup is a bit daft.

• 2 weeks later...