Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Singing Section

MACCA

wasnt the cheap season tickets in the north stand designated a "singing end"

Yeh, but all the singing people in the ESL decided they liked a) standing up and B) being near the away fans. Having it down that end was stupid, everyone in the stadium knew where the singing section was and it sure as fuck wasn't the North stand

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple. Change WSL (next to South stand) to recreate Manny Road North terrace. Employ like minded staff from MRN who could knock out hundreds+ coffees (add your own mixer) and bovrils in double quick time and some fellow understanding Boltonians as Stewards. If only.

I've never really posted on here but I'm 20 years old and sit right under the screen in the esl and I have to say just in the 5 years I've sat there the atmosphere has dropped dramatically.

I can see why a lot of other people call it the idiot corner and you wouldn't believe how right you are for a minority of people there. However there are a lot of people such as myself that are there just because we want to create an atmosphere but just need a few older lads to point us in the right direction.

If you put 20-30 older guys who know the songs and are willing to tell the idiots to shut up you'd get a much better atmosphere

Fair play dean lad...at least you are having a go.

Without that corner thing would be seriously bad.

That corner is no different from the top corner of the paddock,which was often the only part of the ground heard at Burnden.

Things have never been any different.

The atmosphere at the reebok was bouncing when we were good and playing big teams.

We are now playing shite and playing shite teams the atmosphere is crap...pardon my

Americanism but go figure.

Get better on the pitch or allow everyone in for free with free beer and bubble.

59 year old and too old and can't be bothered with a sing song. I'm turning into the 59 year old who tutted and puffed when I was singing 40 years ago.

So don't come round my seat waving your arms about trying to get me going.

Was in my element last week on the Vauxhall Motors terraces. I think everyone around me was rousing the team on.

Away games I love a good balloon and sing song.

Home games is a family trip out for team Spencer. If some cunt stands up and waves his arms blocking the view of Grampa Spencer he'd get short shrift.

we've been at the bok for long enough now so that, similar to Wheaters chin's suggestion, folk should know that under the scoreboard is the 'singing section'. The problem comes when folk buy tickets they're Cheaper in the nsl, so until the prices change there won't be an improvement in atmosphere imo

Guest bwfcdan

I'll be honest, I think all that linking arms and bouncing up and down whilst others wave massive flags around (as done at Palace), is highly homosexual.

Edited by bwfcdan

• Site Supporter

The DMB's had a trial singing section the other night. 1400 like minded fans having a sing song for the full 90 minutes. Now I no we dont like praising that shite down the road but it worked and could work all over the country. Would people be interested in a designated area at the Reebok?? In my eyes the best place to do this would be the west stand lower towards to south stand. I no we have 10 of us who sing in the North and the 14 year olds under the scoreboard but a singing section might just get some atmosphere back into the ground.

I'll think about shifting the seats I've been in for around 12 years then eh?

Edit: Think about this;

The safety folk, around 10 years ago, shifted the away fans from near the east to the other side, near my seat. This was done for reasons of crowd safety. Do you think maybe that any perceived issues are now gone and it would now be deemed safe to have two factions as close as possible to each other?

We did the singing sections a few years ago. It failed . . . miserably.

First of all we need to decide on a second song to alternate with the moronic We are the one and only wan der ers.

Edited by MickyD

http://www.rednbluearmy.co.uk/chants/we-love-you

Some good videos of them on this site, they really can create an atmosphere when needed and also have some original songs, or nick teams songs from Europe quicker than everyone else :)

I think Utd have something similar but it's all a bit contrived to be honest. People learn songs in the ground when some wag makes them up. Some stick, some don't. Learning lyrics and choreographed flag-waving routines from a website is a bit 'X-Factor' but then again, maybe it's just what the modern generation is used to.

I've never really posted on here but I'm 20 years old and sit right under the screen in the esl and I have to say just in the 5 years I've sat there the atmosphere has dropped dramatically.

I can see why a lot of other people call it the idiot corner and you wouldn't believe how right you are for a minority of people there. However there are a lot of people such as myself that are there just because we want to create an atmosphere but just need a few older lads to point us in the right direction.

If you put 20-30 older guys who know the songs and are willing to tell the idiots to shut up you'd get a much better atmosphere

Any attempts to sing proper songs are drowned out by retards singing the same shite songs over and over again. That fucking gay Freedman song that they nicked off Palace last year being a perfect example