Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Man Utd 1 Bolton 2

marple whites

There was one that was on Youtube for a long time, but that has now been blocked because of copyright, though loads still remain on Youtube, even from the same uploader and from that same season, pathetic, like it was doing any harm and if you remove it you should make it available, like have a website that shows every game in the vaults/past.

Edited by Didledee

My memory of the Easter game is of loads of DMBs in the Manny Road North Paddock, for at least part of the game. However I've been shouted at on here for saying that on a previous occasion.

Too young to remember 74/5, but remember both of the late 70s games. The 78/9 one, when we won 3-0 just before Xmas, seemed to be far more low key in terms of the support United brought.

My memory of the Easter game is of loads of DMBs in the Manny Road North Paddock, for at least part of the game. However I've been shouted at on here for saying that on a previous occasion.

Too young to remember 74/5, but remember both of the late 70s games. The 78/9 one, when we won 3-0 just before Xmas, seemed to be far more low key in terms of the support United brought.

paul,i was in the manny road north that day. certainly were loads of DMBs in there. seem to remember some excellent fisticuffs. one bolton fella,dressed in a full length black leather was taking on allcomers especially underneath. he silenced a fair few of them,good lad

paul,i was in the manny road north that day. certainly were loads of DMBs in there. seem to remember some excellent fisticuffs. one bolton fella,dressed in a full length black leather was taking on allcomers especially underneath. he silenced a fair few of them,good lad

Good to hear a few got flattened, we have had some top blokes supporting us, well done to the fella in the long leather who ever you are.

Glad I wasn't imagining it, thanks. Clear recollections of that day.

Sunny - Neil Whatmore scored a thundering goal for us at the Lever End and the Bolton fans in the last row of the Manny Road seats above the DMBs in the terrace below were dishing out some stick, then it all went wrong. Remember walking up Manny Road at the end and all you could hear from the United fans locked on the Embankment was "hark now hear, United sing, the Bolton ran away".

Good to hear a few got flattened, we have had some top blokes supporting us, well done to the fella in the long leather who ever you are.

i'll never forget that fella to my dying day.  he was near the metal arch closest to the embankment,leading to the bar/exit. he had a cup of bovril in his hands. he just simply walked down the steps then turned and said ''come on you munich bastards''.......threw the cup over them then launched into the twats. plenty of bolton joined in. Bolton definitely came out on top in that incident.  pretty sure they moved the reds after into the embankment after that brawl

i'll never forget that fella to my dying day.  he was near the metal arch closest to the embankment,leading to the bar/exit. he had a cup of bovril in his hands. he just simply walked down the steps then turned and said ''come on you munich bastards''.......threw the cup over them then launched into the twats. plenty of bolton joined in. Bolton definitely came out on top in that incident.  pretty sure they moved the reds after into the embankment after that brawl

I honestly don't remember how long they were there. I was about nine or ten at the time. Wish I'd been ten years older!! They were still present when Whatmore scored because I remember the abuse pouring down from the seats

Gary Bailey? Surely Bartez. BTW do you work out in the marl pits gym with a bwfc top some mornings? (yes i know this sounds gay before you twats dive in)

no mate i was thinking of franky worthies 2 against the scum in april 1979, he banged one in in the dying seconds against bailey.Not me at marl pitts only been there once this year for the beer festival that ran out !!

74/75 season I was carried out of the Lever End on a stretcher with a broken leg, whilst on the stretcher (with a new silk scarf around my neck) the fuckin red scum set me on fire, that is just one reason I HATE the red filth

Par for the course for the scum, that day was one of my worse days as a Wanderer and from that day to this coloured my view on United fans.

My family have only ever supported Bolton and my grandad was at the 1958 final.

The stories he tells me about the cunts around that time and 20 years later boil my blood.

Even now he hates them, we were watching the GB team at Old Trafford and a load of lads jumped the tram queue and pushed on, he said "they'll be United fans, no class, we might be a worse club, but we can always be proud of what we are"

Born to be a Wanderer.

Munich cunts.

• Members

Interesting about your grandad ER. Mine used to have me sat in the rocking chair noting down the tickertape results on a Saturday afternoon so he could check 'the pools' (before I could regularly attend away games). They'd be in the kitchen preparing tea. He used to have me shouting out the odd result of importance and whenever I said 'Manchester United' he would walk from the kitchen to the middle doorway, arms stiffly down his side like he was standing to attention and say "What have i told you lad? Whenever you say those two words you follow it with (spitting sound)".

He absolutely despised them after the post 1958 Cup Final shenanigans.