Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Speed Awareness Course

matty2094

4hrs of boardhum

but it dose make you a better driver in the weeks after and more Aware

Not too sure about that - 3 days after I went I got done for 40 in a 30 zone outside Bolton School - at 5.30 in the piggin morning

Edited by bwfc2003

As others have said better than points and just sit there laughing at people trying to convince the guys running the course that their car has good brakes so doing 40 is just like 30 ten years ago.

This is after you have been given all the stats about how much more likely you are to kill a kid if you are doing 40.

I've been asked by insurance companies about points on my licence and if I've attended any Speed Awareness Courses. I'm not sure if your insurance is affected if you have, does anyone know?

You just have to declare what's actually been endorsed on your licence. I got done doing 45mph in a 30 zone (mobile camera in Bickershaw) within a few months of passing my test. Although it's only on your licence for 3 years, insurance companies keep a record of anything within 5 years. Edited by Leyther_Matt

That's because insurance companies can make up the rules as they go along.

That's true, I was once on a conference call with the DVLA, my insurance, their insurance, etc and when I was asked if I had points on my licence I said 'Yes' because my insurance counted it as five years, then the DVLA piped up 'Mr Breightmet Boy has no points on his licence'. They had to convince me I didn't as I thought it was five years because of Elephant.co.uk.

Insurance will soon start asking for your driving licence number and going off what the dvla have on their database rather than going off what the customer self declares.

Should stop a lot of fraud but also mean you will only have 4 years of convictions details available to quote off. Google mylicense if you want to bore yourself with more detail.

• Site Supporter

Insurance will soon start asking for your driving licence number and going off what the dvla have on their database rather than going off what the customer self declares.

Should stop a lot of fraud but also mean you will only have 4 years of convictions details available to quote off. Google mylicense if you want to bore yourself with more detail.

How the hell we are not already at this point is wrong imo

No, we'd rather you bored us yourself. :D

How the hell we are not already at this point is wrong imo

I know. Even with this the insurer (or the advisers you speak to on the phone) won't be able to tell you what it's returned as only designated staff will be able to see what convictions are returned . You'll also need the driving licence numbers of all named drivers too.

I imagine some folk will get apoplectic with rage at this invasion of privacy.