Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 0 Leicester 1

davidjack

Freedmans supposed to be renowned for working well with the younger players and hopefully bringing a few through, well he well and truly fucked the confidence of White up. 1st start for the 1st team and he's playing out of position, as a wing back, in a new formation, none of the players understood, being asked to do 10 different jobs and with fuck all cover from that useless South Korean cunt who by the way has been cruising towards this World Cup from the start of the season. If that's not bad enough then he drags him off at half time, goes back to a normal formation but has kept a centre back on at right back instead of him. Well done freedman you cunt.

As for the formation there is no logical reasoning as to trying it. If he wants to mess about with it then fine, try a youngster up top next to juke, try one on the wing, play 433, don't tell me though that there will be one game next year where we play 523! If he was doing it tactically to counter Leicester then he may as well give up management. Everyone could see at the away match that they twatted us down the wings, so what does he do, weaken us down the wings and play wingers that won't track back ahead of "wingbacks" that aren't wingbacks. Then play 3 centre backs to counter their 1 forward leaving spearing and trotter completely overrun.

I want to like Freedman, I'm trying to hold on to anything that suggests he'll get us up next season, the recent run suggests he can even though performances have been shite, but fuck me every game there's so much that I just think, what the fuck are you doing!

Eddie, that is absolutely spot on. It's all good giving him time, but I'm still struggling to see any form of plan in place. Along with that the football is absolutely dire, 3 centre backs who can barely pass a ball along with a cb at left wing back and a young right back left isolated numerous times. That was shocking from freedman tonight.

Guest pansyroadwhite

I see your point Carlos, but as fans we are frustrated disappointed, we are not going to sit here and say nothing are we? its human nature, it does not make us sub human just human

Here's a thread from FoxesWays, sums up what a load of fucking shit football fans talk

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/79059-pearson-out/

Which is fine, it shows things in football change and is a reason why I don't particularly want us to get rid of dougie.

What it doesn't do is mean that any negative comment about a game taken in isolation is therefore wrong. It doesn't mean that just because Pearson managed to turn things round at Leicester it's ok that Freedman shafted our young right back or played a completely wrong formation.

Well that was pretty shit, I would have spent 25 quid on something else, fuck me Dougie is as bad as people make out, I have not been critical because I haven't seen, but fuck me that was absolutely shite.

And that was better than a lot of home games this season.

• Moderators

What it means is most people are talking bollocks, in the same way if I walked up to you, looked over your shoulder and told you you were doing everything wrong. Apologies to everyone with UEFA Class A coaching badges.

Guest pansyroadwhite

we are never going to agree Carlos, but its human nature when things are going wrong to criticise, we are not always going to be right in what we say just voicing our frustrations, talking about UEFA coaching badges is just silly, see it for what it is mate, frustration

What it means is most people are talking bollocks, in the same way if I walked up to you, looked over your shoulder and told you you were doing everything wrong. Apologies to everyone with UEFA Class A coaching badges.

So I need a UEFA Class A coaching badge to tell you that the back 5 in the 1st half had no clue what they were meant to be doing, including a young lad on his debut out of position and regularly 3 on 1 with Leicester players?

I'd say the evidence of Matt Mills shouting to Freedman more than once for 4 at the back and then the switch to 4 at the back at half time suggests I'm right.

Probably not though cause I've not got a badge yet.

Also I'm not sure there are many people that partake in, watch and talk about my profession daily from the age of 5/6/7. So that point you make is hardly comparable.

• Moderators

Lastly, whilst we are all being Ron Managers, I thought the reason 5 at the back wasn't working was because Mills wanted to play right-back more. Pearson must have been pissing himself at Mills moaning and pinpoint passing.

Carlos, do you not think it would of been a good idea to at least try and attack a bit? We're at a stage now were people are considering renewing season tickets, 541 and that rubbish at home is certainly not a good way to go about it. Especially when your 3 centre halfs can barely string a pass between them.

• Site Supporter

My feelings exactly. Me and Smiffs couldn't even give our season tickets away tonight.

We've still renewed for next season though but I'd say it's more for the social side rather than the football itself.

Exactly like me and a few who I normally turn out with. (2 out of a usual 8 went last night),

Roll on August

Edited by Ratwhite

Carlos, do you not think it would of been a good idea to at least try and attack a bit? We're at a stage now were people are considering renewing season tickets, 541 and that rubbish at home is certainly not a good way to go about it. Especially when your 3 centre halfs can barely string a pass between them.

Because if we had opened up a bit more they probably have put 6 past us, but I suppose that would make some people happy because "at least we had a go". They are the best team in the league by a mile and we are not.