Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 0 Leicester 1

davidjack

• Site Supporter

We've took 7 points from a possible 57 against the top 9 clubs in the league. We're garbage, and next season won't be much (if any) better.

We will finish top 3 next season.

I've had a bottle of Rioja and am a hopelessly optimistic #superfan

We've took 7 points from a possible 57 against the top 9 clubs in the league. We're garbage, and next season won't be much (if any) better.

Not 7 from 54?

Anyway, when asked for a one word summary, one renowed wag, wit and raconteur proferred; "strange"

I offer; uninspired

• Site Supporter

Surely now is a perfect time to experiment with the squad?

Nowt to lose so see if the players are up to.playing different formations

I think most people's gripe is he has been experimenting since the day he arrived & with little or no signs of any improvement

• Site Supporter

Knights effort was brilliant..

but aside from that..

Starting with 1 uptop, no connectivity in midfield,

CYL plays well but just doesn't have an end product, something about trotter and I cant put my finger on it, but he's always in the action,

Hayden White had a good start, nice to see 4 young uns given an opportunity.

Boggers had a good game..

I thought we played ok tonight with the players available glad he gave some young lads at least a sniff felt for Hayden White though bit of a baptism of fire spearing looked a bit frustrated at times with the system still not getting trotter at all I have no clue what he does can't pass tackle dribble or shoot and is slow is it because he's big then? Another day that could have been 3 a piece

Knights effort was brilliant..

but aside from that..

Starting with 1 uptop, no connectivity in midfield,

CYL plays well but just doesn't have an end product, something about trotter and I cant put my finger on it, but he's always in the action,

Hayden White had a good start, nice to see 4 young uns given an opportunity.

Boggers had a good game..

See, I thought both Chungy and Trotter were bobbins, but there you go....Chungy's decision making and final ball is shocking whilst Trottori (he must be Italian if DF loves him) just gets bypassed by their runners consistently.

As for the game - It wasn't great but we could've had a few. So could they. It doesn't really matter, the whole thing was apathetic but that's expected. Poor turnout from us and them considering they won the league

Nice to see the subs given a chance, why not now eh? It's as good a time as any

Juke looked fucked again and his right knee not too clever either. He was so much better with Beckford beside him.....speaking of whom, if he had a brain in his head he'd be a belting player....shame really

Ahhh well, it was all just.... Meh....nowt to get upset about but nowt to help show we're getting there either...the end of the season limps on...

Edited by jules_darby

They were quicker, fitter, and stronger than us up front.

We had a couple of okay spells and some good chances to score. Bad day at the office in front of goal for the Juke. I wish Beckford would just leather it now and again instead of a pass or dink over the keeper.

We need to step up a few gears if we are to have a go next year.

Pluses were Bogdan, err, erm...young Kellet tried to have a go, though someone needs to feed him. Looked like a mascot when he came on.

Still no idea why we scouted/signed Trotter. He has the turning circle of a cruise ship.

• Moderators

Had the ball gone the other side of the post, we'd be one up. They boot the ball downfield, towards the corner flag, good strike and it's in. Hey ho.

No surprise to come home and see the usual suspects dancing round with their cocks out. Fucking vermin.

Watching Bolton these days is an inconvenience, no enjoyment whatsoever from it. Sooner the seasons over, the better.

The Blackpool home game tipped me over the edge pal.

Spent the whole second half counting down the minutes.

Roll on August.

• Site Supporter

Trotter... annoys me..

He is garbage... but he's always there in the thick of the action..

Chungy creates a lot but then does nothing.. same as above,.. He's had one game where he was untouchable, (cant remember which one it was but it was the first half) which shows its all attitude issues...

Strange starting formation can't see why you would play 3 centre halfs when we did not have wing backs on the pitch even less with 2 out and out wingers who are not noted for tracking back, any team without the quality of Mark Davies, Holden and Danns are going to find it tough going, despite having a few good chances the difference in the performance of the 2 teams was startling they were light eyes ahead of us for possession and work rate we have major major work to do on the whole ethos of the team and the club from Phil Gartside through to the management team and especially the effort work rate and passion of each and every player. DF has 10 games maximum next season and then if it's not happening time to say good bye.

Guest pansyroadwhite

I don't, I have loved BWFC since 1968 but I know what I see, I don't hate Gartside or Freedman just cannot see a positive in keeping Freedman

Watching Bolton these days is an inconvenience, no enjoyment whatsoever from it. Sooner the seasons over, the better.

My feelings exactly. Me and Smiffs couldn't even give our season tickets away tonight.

We've still renewed for next season though but I'd say it's more for the social side rather than the football itself.

I've had plenty of issues with DF and his tactics / selections this season but none tonight. Set out to keep us in the game till half time then, as we'd done that (albeit with a bit of fortune), have a go second half. No problem with the kids getting involved, nothing at stake, no pressure or expectation on them so why not.   

Only way the plan fell down was bad finishing at least four times and one dozy moment at the back when we let the lad Wood get scot free to chase a punt downfield and set Dyer up.

Wasn't the worst 90 minutes at home this season by any means.

Having said that, hopefully tonight will have informed the budget meeting after the game that, if we really are thinking of getting out of this Division next season at least one striker who can finish is number one priority. We currently have none of those.     

Well with my cock firmly in my pants I have no idea what formation we were playing. Actually felt sorry for Hayden White because he didn't seem to be playing full back where presumably he has been playing for the development team? Dougie kept urging him forward but he just seemed lost or confused like the rest of us. I think whoever said he over complicates/over thinks stuff was spot on. Anyway we still could have got something if we had taken our chances, Juke was off his game and as for Beckford, well it ain't happening.

Really hope something changes it is crap watching other lot partying on our turf but I just honestly cannot see it and I really wish I could.

Tonight convinced me (not that I needed much to be fair) that Dougie is making it up as he goes along.

And when did we become the sort of club who let teams come to our place and play the ball between themselves like that? Shitty little 3 yard passes between themselves for 4/5 times. Bollox to that - proper teams like Arsenal in their pomp couldn't get away with that sort of shit, before Nolan would kick one of them up the arse. 

It was embarrassing.

My feelings exactly. Me and Smiffs couldn't even give our season tickets away tonight.

We've still renewed for next season though but I'd say it's more for the social side rather than the football itself.

No surprise there if we'd have been in Leicester's position you could have sold it never mind give it away. Amazingly tonight's game had a bigger crowd on than the Villa Semi final.