Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owen Coyle Next Celtic Manager?

grego

On the whole there wasn't a Coyle transfer that I was hesitant about, I could see the rationale for them and he didn't spend much on transfer fees.

Granted they weren't exciting and on the whole didn't work but that's easy with hindsight.

I completely had the opposite view in that there wasn't a Coyle transfer that I thought whilst it was happening that it was a good deal. I very much felt we were giving our money away.

• Moderators

I completely had the opposite view in that there wasn't a Coyle transfer that I thought whilst it was happening that it was a good deal. I very much felt we were giving our money away.

surely you didn't think selling the best centre back in england and replacing him with a striker and an umproven lightweight centre back was a trifle strange?

• Moderators

Eagles mears and especially blake were fuckin piss takes and the board should never of sanctioned shit like that

why

so you could moan about them getting involved in team stuff?

fwiw, we got a decent year and a good year out of eagles

if all his signings had been as successful, we'd probably have been alright

why

so you could moan about them getting involved in team stuff?

fwiw, we got a decent year and a good year out of eagles

if all his signings had been as successful, we'd probably have been alright

No you would like to think that someone on board would see that they were not up for the job on such ridiculous wages

If I was chairman of a club and some crackpot shit manager said he wanted to sign robbie blake to lift team spirit I would sack the cunt there and then

The only grudge I've ever held against Gartside was keeping Coyle in for so long, he should've gone 12 months sooner. I'd have sacked him after our shambles of a performance at Swansea. How we were still in with a chance of staying up until the final day still baffles me, we were absolutely fucking shocking all season. It was obvious that he was clueless, there was no plan B, the 'feel good factor' had gone and he didn't have the slightest clue.

The fact his squad can't last 90 minutes and he's still touted for jobs amazes me.

TNT CLC

Edited by CAPSLOCKCOLIN

• Moderators

The only grudge I've ever held against Gartside was keeping Coyle in for so long, he should've gone 12 months sooner. I'd have sacked him after our shambles of a performance at Swansea. How we were still in with a chance of staying up until the final day still baffles me, we were absolutely fucking shocking all season. It was obvious that he was clueless, there was no plan B, the 'feel good factor' had gone and he didn't have the slightest clue.

The fact his squad can't last 90 minutes and he's still touted for jobs amazes me.

TNT CLC

exactly when i made my mind up

but it was at half time

i think we were leading, too

The way that Coyle represented the club during the Muamba near death experience probably prolonged his stay

Yet not playing Muamba was one of Coyle's biggest idiocies. Every man and his dog could see that he should've been playing every game. What a fucking moon man he was. I don't care that opinions are split on Dougie, I'm so fucking thankful for him.

Yet not playing Muamba was one of Coyle's biggest idiocies. Every man and his dog could see that he should've been playing every game. What a fucking moon man he was. I don't care that opinions are split on Dougie, I'm so fucking thankful for him.

Dougie has the same crackpot traits as Coyle regarding team selection.

He's just had more to deal with behind the scenes so gets away with it.

Dougie has the same crackpot traits as Coyle regarding team selection.

He's just had more to deal with behind the scenes so gets away with it.

Dougie will come good. Even if he doesn't succeed here, he'll be a top manager IMO. I know that sounds daft as we don't see what happens behind the scenes, I'm happy to be proven wrong, and I agree that some of his team selections have been dodgy, but you can tell this is a very clever man who is fully focussed on several aspects of the club for the long term. 

You can say it's all talk, but I absolutely love listening to him talk football. The man comes across as well as anyone in the game for me.

And I think we all know that his training sessions will be lightyears ahead of Coyle's era.

Onwards and upwards  :thumbsup:

Guest JamesBond

No you would like to think that someone on board would see that they were not up for the job on such ridiculous wages

If I was chairman of a club and some crackpot shit manager said he wanted to sign robbie blake to lift team spirit I would sack the cunt there and then

Come to think of it, I agree with A Newman on this, if any manger comes want ting to sign any player for "team spirit" I'd sack them on the spot (:lol:).

Mears and Eagles were gambles, but, if the wages were as were reported in some quarters, including re -signing Knight on £29,000 a week, I don't think I would have agreed those deals either.

As for grudges against PG what about the debacle of the cup final tickets, where the club clearly messed up. Have we forgotten that. We lost a lot of season ticket holders from that.

Come to think of it, I agree with A Newman on this, if any manger comes want ting to sign any player for "team spirit" I'd sack them on the spot (:lol:).

Mears and Eagles were gambles, but, if the wages were as were reported in some quarters, including re -signing Knight on £29,000 a week, I don't think I would have agreed those deals either.

As for grudges against PG what about the debacle of the cup final tickets, where the club clearly messed up. Have we forgotten that. We lost a lot of season ticket holders from that.

Can't imagine Knight being given 29000 a week.

Guest JamesBond

Can't imagine Knight being given 29000 a week.

I can only go of newspaper reports the same ones said we were paying Campo £35,000 a week. However I think some fans would like to think we weren't paying out sky high wages and we were and ridiculous ones at that. Fans always try and say this paper doesn't like us or some such trash. Reporters are professionals, they do get things wrong but the figure reported will be roundabout right.

Lost a lot of fans over lisbon too did gartside. Tells fans to avoid doccas area then he's spotted there himself. Told megson to pick a shit team and save themselves for wigan the following sunday which we went on to lose 1-0 against 10 men for 87 minutes. We would of been in that europa final that year

I didn't think Muamba was such a good player he should have been guaranteed a starting spot.It was either Muamba or Reo Coker for me and i wasn't particularly bothered which one.

• Moderators

I didn't think Muamba was such a good player he should have been guaranteed a starting spot.It was either Muamba or Reo Coker for me and i wasn't particularly bothered which one.

it was obvious that it should have been both

it was obvious that it should have been both

If they both played it meant we had to play an extra central midfielder to have any attacking threat.But we didn't have a good enough striker to play 4-5-1 in the relegation season because K Davies was over the hill and the others not up to it.

You'll be happy if he turns out to be useless?

Yes, that's exactly what I said. It's great taking two different sentences of a post and putting it together isn't it?  I think I'll do it with yours:

be happy if he turns out to be useless

You'll be happy if he turns out to be useless?