Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How Long?

scallywell

Next home game they are running out to "Stand by your man" sung by Tammy Wynette.

Wrote earlier that Freedman got stuck in a slump that he didn't seem to know how to get out of at Palace. It was at the end of 2011/2 season for the avoidance of doubt when they were quite lucky not to be relegated. He had a good start to 2012/3 when he caught Gartside's eye without him looking at his record previously..

The number 1 rule is get your best team and playing pattern and stick with it. Surprised Lenny Lawrence hasn't put that to him. Seems that he hasn't been able to use any support from within. Perhaps he is just deaf.

I'm sorry I have tried to stick with him but he has gotta go. Always believe giving the manager time is the correct thing to do. But I think its over for Douglas and bwfc (he may not go) but he has lost the fans and players (Imo) and rarely do managers come back from these positions.

Where are you at Garrpo? Still give him time?

I said all last season and the start of this season I would give him until 10 games into this season and I would reassess.

So after Fulham I guess.

I appreciate how hard a job it has been and I am a big believer in giving managers time. I think he has signed well and has a fantastic eye for a player.

His team selections and change in formation every single game drives me fucking insane and it is costing us big time and ultimately that is the most important part of his job.

I want to see a settled side and formation every single game but there is no sign that is ever going to happen.

I don't think he's anything like Coyle and do believe there is a very good manager in there he just maybe tries to over complicate things.

For that reason i want to see it out , partly because I don't want to see him come good somewhere else after learning from his mistakes and partly because i'm scared of who the next appointment  might be. People think it can't get any worse but it really can.

but then that is just blind belief

basically I don't know