Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Vietnam

Zico

• Moderators

I didn't think it was that thinly veiled, but for them who have are there any recommendations? Going for two weeks in nov but not booked owt yet

Wanted to do Japan but decided the budget will go further once we get there

It's really easy to get around. Are you hoping to do some travelling or stay put? I thought the central and northern parts were more interesting than Saigon. Hanoi especially is nuts! If you're feeling adventurous, there are loads of motorbike tours where you can go inland with a guide. Cost about £20 per day and gets you off the beaten track and into the heartland. Awesome place, lovely people and the best food you'll ever eat. And wait till you try their coffee!

Hitchhiked through Vietnam 20 years ago........ Top place. Everything seemed to be ex US forces stuff either reused or adapted. The seat on one bus I got on was a plank set between two ammunition boxes........ Oh and the entire back seat on another bus fell through the floor whilst I was on it as floor was so corroded. I did not do the 5 star tour as you can see...........

I didn't think it was that thinly veiled, but for them who have are there any recommendations? Going for two weeks in nov but not booked owt yet

Wanted to do Japan but decided the budget will go further once we get there

Mate of mine has just moved to London after a 6mth stint there. Text me what you want to know and I'll ask him

I'm going in nov. 2 nights in Hanoi, then trip to Halong for night on junk. Back to Hanoi for overnight train to sapa, then off to hoi an and finally 3 night in HCMC

Never been before.

Can't wait!

We did Hanoi - Ha Long Bay - back to Hanoi for night sleeper train - Hue - Hoi An - Saigon. Wanted to get to Sapa but didn't have enough time.