Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

12 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

2 defeats in 14 matches - lowest ratio of losses in Europe for an English club, or any club playing 10 or more matches.

[Certainly was so at a point in time and I don't think it's changed.]

Thats pretty impressive that, you shit cunts.

Edited by Pablo

And if they bring 3,500 at £35 then it’s fully justified pricing given they’d have to bring 5,000+ to make up for any reduction in price. As it is, we’ll be charging £30 for lower tier which coincidentally is exactly the same as we’re being charged when we go there. I know we go through this every few weeks and we’d all love cheaper tickets but as long as the club keeps looking after season ticket holders then I’m quite happy for them to milk the away fans, especially in cases like this one where there will be a massive police bill. 

Worth mentioning that their last league visit (Nov 2014), lower tier tickets went on sale first (£25) and then upper (£28) and Latics brought 2,495. So this “chop a fiver off and they’ll bring 4,000” chat on bollocks is clearly bullshit, especially as it would reduce our profit margin with an increased police bill. Granted it’s unpopular, but at least it’s an indication that we’ve got a tighter rein on such margins than might have been the case in the past.  

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Worth mentioning that their last league visit (Nov 2014), lower tier tickets went on sale first (£25) and then upper (£28) and Latics brought 2,495. So this “chop a fiver off and they’ll bring 4,000” chat on bollocks is clearly bullshit, especially as it would reduce our profit margin with an increased police bill. Granted it’s unpopular, but at least it’s an indication that we’ve got a tighter rein on such margins than might have been the case in the past.  

I don't think the issue is what Wigan will bring at that price, they never bring more than 2.5k-3k no matter what

but that night we had over 17k on, so 14.5k Bolton (plus it was a Friday night on TV)

we won't get anywhere near that at these prices

the £10 deal on Saturday for STs mates will make cock all difference to the crowd

I know it's all about business and all that, but this was the game, where if KA wanted the fans to turn out, that he had to do decent pricing and marketing for

he could've charged Leeds £40 to make up for it, they'd still have half the west stand if they wanted it

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I don't think the issue is what Wigan will bring at that price, they never bring more than 2.5k-3k no matter what

but that night we had over 17k on, so 14.5k Bolton (plus it was a Friday night on TV)

we won't get anywhere near that at these prices

the £10 deal on Saturday for STs mates will make cock all difference to the crowd

I know it's all about business and all that, but this was the game, where if KA wanted the fans to turn out, that he had to do decent pricing and marketing for

he could've charged Leeds £40 to make up for it, they'd still have half the west stand if they wanted it

Don’t forget we had more season tickets back then so it won’t have taken many walk ups to bump the crowd up. With the mood at the minute, we could offer a free tenner and a reacharound and people will still refuse to turn up unless there’s buttered hot dogs. Any increase in crowd we’ll get for the Latics game is via the yoof and they’re cheap enough anyway. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Don’t forget we had more season tickets back then so it won’t have taken many walk ups to bump the crowd up. With the mood at the minute, we could offer a free tenner and a reacharound and people will still refuse to turn up unless there’s buttered hot dogs. Any increase in crowd we’ll get for the Latics game is via the yoof and they’re cheap enough anyway. 

yeah, I get all that, I'm not the one writing a column each week bemoaning attendances, trying to entice the fans back and dreaming of a full stadium though

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

yeah, I get all that, I'm not the one writing a column each week bemoaning attendances, trying to entice the fans back and dreaming of a full stadium though

True enough. Dreaming is definitely the right word when it comes to a full stadium, sadly. Even if we got an FA Cup QF against DMB’s I’m not convinced we’d fill it. 

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

True enough. Dreaming is definitely the right word when it comes to a full stadium, sadly. Even if we got an FA Cup QF against DMB’s I’m not convinced we’d fill it. 

When was last game it was full? And how many times?