Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

8 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Reports saying Rashford is considering his future. Kinell, the place is crumbling!

He's right to be considering a move.

A couple of weeks ago v Citeh, with Ronaldo and Cavani not fancying playing they put 3 strikers on An off form Fernandez, Sancho still not even close to justifying his price tag and a promising but inexperienced Elanga.

Rashford and Lingard were on the bench.

That tells him he's 6th choice.

His form has dipped, he's too busy being St. Marcus and football's answer to Greta Thunderbird.

Though, maybe, with an interim manager and it being unlikely Ronaldo or Cavani will still be there next year, as well as Lingard, he could rise to 4th choice.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

He's right to be considering a move.

A couple of weeks ago v Citeh, with Ronaldo and Cavani not fancying playing they put 3 strikers on An off form Fernandez, Sancho still not even close to justifying his price tag and a promising but inexperienced Elanga.

Rashford and Lingard were on the bench.

That tells him he's 6th choice.

His form has dipped, he's too busy being St. Marcus and football's answer to Greta Thunderbird.

Though, maybe, with an interim manager and it being unlikely Ronaldo or Cavani will still be there next year, as well as Lingard, he could rise to 4th choice.

Give up football and stick to political posturing, Marcus

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Give up football and stick to political posturing, Marcus

Of all the things to call Rashford for being a rag etc the one I’d probably not call him out for is helping kids who don’t control what their parents provide, having some meals on the table.

Edited by tomski

20 minutes ago, tomski said:

Of all the things to call Rashford for being a rag etc the one I’d probably not call him out for is helping kids who don’t control what their parents provide, having some meals on the table.

It was only over school holidays, and from what I heard meals were put on and virtually no one turned up.  It was a load of bollox. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It was only over school holidays, and from what I heard meals were put on and virtually no one turned up.  It was a load of bollox. 

Whether anyone turned up or not is irrelevant.  Surely the intentions should be applauded?

Can't understand why you'd look at it and search only for the negatives.

22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Do Kids not eat in school holidays? Surely that’s the most important time to do it?

6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Do Kids not eat in school holidays? Surely that’s the most important time to do it?

That is exactly why it was done, because the kids weren't getting their usual free school dinners.  Mounts would rather they starved to death, because their parents were spending on all their money on scratch cards and Lambert & Butlers.  Balls to 'em.

29 minutes ago, DazBob said:

1. Did any hungry kids get fed?

2. Rashford deserves no credit for it?

I didn’t agree that the need was sufficient to keep schools open over half term, it was used as a political stick to beat the government with.

I’d rather the money was targeted at those most at risk, delivering food direct to homes to make sure they are fed over half term, trying to educate and if necessary dealing with parents who continuously mistreat kids. I’m not sure the blanket approach and food wasted that wasn’t collected had the desired effect for the kids at high risk. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

That is exactly why it was done, because the kids weren't getting their usual free school dinners.  Mounts would rather they starved to death, because their parents were spending on all their money on scratch cards and Lambert & Butlers.  Balls to 'em.

Aye of course I would. Think it’s better you put your brain into gear. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I didn’t agree that the need was sufficient to keep schools open over half term, it was used as a political stick to beat the government with.

I’d rather the money was targeted at those most at risk, delivering food direct to homes to make sure they are fed over half term, trying to educate and if necessary dealing with parents who continuously mistreat kids. I’m not sure the blanket approach and food wasted that wasn’t collected had the desired effect for the kids at high risk. 

Correct.

You'll never convince me that poverty is as broad as it's painted, nor that the first responsibility for raising children is that of the parents. Nor, while we're at it, that being "a single parent family" is, of itself, a badge of honour.

There was a feck site more poverty in my childhood yet, somehow, we came through it.

What there is needs targetting properly not some broad, untargetted, chucking stuff around.

... & I don't think Rashford is a cock for doing something, I do think those who made him a bandwagon for their own ends are.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You could've just answered my two simple questions :)

56 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Correct.

You'll never convince me that poverty is as broad as it's painted, nor that the first responsibility for raising children is that of the parents. Nor, while we're at it, that being "a single parent family" is, of itself, a badge of honour.

There was a feck site more poverty in my childhood yet, somehow, we came through it.

What there is needs targetting properly not some broad, untargetted, chucking stuff around.

... & I don't think Rashford is a cock for doing something, I do think those who made him a bandwagon for their own ends are.

Thought that was a decent and structured response apart from this bit which really has no bearing on anything except a back in my day tale

‘There was a feck site more poverty in my childhood yet, somehow, we came through it.’

Also is a single parent a badge of honour? Again not sure how it relates to ensuring a percentage of kids get a meal?