Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Traf said:

But he should be a first choice IMO. He's the most technically gifted of all our midfielders and I don't buy into this "he's too small/soft in physical games" He hasn't been bullied any more than the others in those games and it's down to those around him to protect him if needed.

Which is why those sorts are needed alongside him.

I remember him last season against Derby- barely got a touch.

I reckon his fitness is better now though which will help and maybe he has more confidence in his body.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Just been reading an article on BBC sport about Klinsmann being under pressure with South Korea, hes hardly ever there spends most of his time in America!

was the same when he was in charge of Germany

lived in California, left Joachim Low in charge and just flew in for games

8 hours ago, Zico said:

was the same when he was in charge of Germany

lived in California, left Joachim Low in charge and just flew in for games

That's a point, maybe they could get old arse sniffer back for a short term boost.

Booked an Airbnb for one of the host cities next summer, we sent them a courtesy email saying looking forward to coming and seeing what the Euros atmosphere is like etc. They must have only twigged there was a tournament on because of that. Cancelled our booking with no comms, and put it back on at double the price 😂😂 Lesson learned!

48 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Astonishing to see a narrative around twitter this week saying the Emirates has the best atmosphere in the PL. 

Fuck me anywhere would after a game like that.

Strange fans Arsenal, never sounds genuine when they sing, like they are just keeping up appearances and going through the motions.

Then again, I'd be hard pressed to think of the "best atmosphere" in the Prem, Palace probably do the most singing and Spurs probably the loudest when they get going partly due to sheer numbers, but it would be tough to make a case for any Prem ground being the best, all a bit meh.  If pushed I'd have said Leeds last season.

• Members
4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Strange fans Arsenal, never sounds genuine when they sing, like they are just keeping up appearances and going through the motions.

Then again, I'd be hard pressed to think of the "best atmosphere" in the Prem, Palace probably do the most singing and Spurs probably the loudest when they get going partly due to sheer numbers, but it would be tough to make a case for any Prem ground being the best, all a bit meh.  If pushed I'd have said Leeds last season.

I'd have though that the Geordies would win this argument hands down?

On 06/09/2023 at 21:45, Marc505 said:

That's a point, maybe they could get old arse sniffer back for a short term boost.

Booked an Airbnb for one of the host cities next summer, we sent them a courtesy email saying looking forward to coming and seeing what the Euros atmosphere is like etc. They must have only twigged there was a tournament on because of that. Cancelled our booking with no comms, and put it back on at double the price 😂😂 Lesson learned!

Cunts....

Which city was this 

7 minutes ago, jeep said:

Are you still going there, it's a cracking drinking city.....

Flying into Dusseldorf but staying in Duisburg next door now, it was slightly cheaper. Went to Dusseldorf about 10 years ago and loved it (apart from Lufthansa going on strike, but otherwise).

There's a week where there's at least 1 sometimes 2 fixtures every day in the area of Dusseldorf/Koln/Dortmund/Gelsenkirchen so wanted to get amongst that, not bothered who's playing!

2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Flying into Dusseldorf but staying in Duisburg next door now, it was slightly cheaper. Went to Dusseldorf about 10 years ago and loved it (apart from Lufthansa going on strike, but otherwise).

There's a week where there's at least 1 sometimes 2 fixtures every day in the area of Dusseldorf/Koln/Dortmund/Gelsenkirchen so wanted to get amongst that, not bothered who's playing!

That sounds a great trip!!

45 minutes ago, jeep said:

That sounds a great trip!!

Cant wait! Ticket portal opens next month, just going to enter all sorts I'm not bothered if I get North Macedonia v Luxembourg 😀 Need to make up for last time we managed to get games all over the place but had to cancel due to covid

Edited by Marc505

Our break is giving me the chance to have a look at the fight for top spot so I'm flicking between Exeter v Orient (Aimson v  Pratley) :) and Stevenage v Carlisle.

Stevenage briefly went top with a set piece goal - they're a big athletic team and will probably bully a few teams in this league - bu then they gave away a stupid equaliser complaining about an offside that never came instead of getting on with it.

Exeter started really poorly and Aimson had to sort out a couple of cock ups by  the goalie playing out from the back. Have to say Pratley is still putting a shift  in despite being 38 now - he does look a class above.

HT

Funny old game isn't it? I'm struggling to see how Exeter are top of the league - or how Orient are hovering above the relegation zone.

Ball barely left the Exeter half in the first 45 and Orient have done everything but score: 12 shots to Exeter's two, big Omar Beckles hit the bar and Aimson had to make a brilliant goal line clearance to keep them out.

Orient have been absolutely dominant, Captain Pratley has run the midfield and with a better final ball they'd be miles ahead. Certainly should be so it's odds on that Exeter will nick one second half.

Stevenage really haven't shown me anything we should be worried about, How they battered Orient 3 nil away last week I'll never know.

Presumably both Exeter and Stevenage will get a rocket at HT and show something approaching decent footie.

There's a world of difference between these two top v bottom clashes.

Stevenage starting to dominate struggling Carlisle without really threatening

Exeter have improved from the first half but still Orient are the better team. Aimson making crucial blocks and the goalie full length saves to keep Orient out.

That said, Prats lucky not to see red after a very late challenge.

Stevenage cranking up a bit of sustained pressure now and hit the bar - even so I don't think they're a patch on us.

Hope they're a bit more entertaining when you go to watch them Nowack :)

At least Steve Evans will give you a laugh - I swear he's even rounder than he ever was - proper Humpty Dumpty physique these days.

Edited by Wanderlust