Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 minute ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Since Liverpool lost in the League Cup the best they can do is win the treble.But it's only December.

The nearest Liverpool got to winning the treble was in 1977 when they won the league and European Cup, but United beat them in the FA Cup Final

World Club Championship would make 4, but it's irrelevant how many they win.

They want the league more than anything and they're going to get it.

Edited by Traf

9 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Hahahahaha!!!

Massives lose tonight

I rejoice and go on about them yet again. Once more I sit happily with a celebratory drink toasting the result that East Manc’s finest serve up

Anelka’s double, Dunne’s handball, our financial woes. We are cunts apparently and they won’t let it go. They hate us. 

Fuck em. They’ll miss the Prem by a fucking mile, will get knocked out of the Champions League  and hopefully the Arabs will realise that the turd can’t be polished 

You really need live amongst them to realise what a set of cunts they are and how much they hate us

Well said 

Extremely bitter towards bolton and quick to mock

Having not won the champions league really hurts them especially when you mention United & Chelsea have won it 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Oh, and I'm one of the least racist, sexist or homophobic people you could meet, but please can they stop using sports programmes to fill quotas?

Yes. 
Look I get there are good women footballers and what they have done for their game is great but if they aren’t the best people for the job don’t get them on. Same with different races. Sky has Clinton Morrison on ffs. As intelligent as a bag of rocks. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Well said 

Having not won the champions league really hurts them especially when you mention United & Chelsea have won it 

I wouldn’t say they are overly bothered by it. Maybe the new generation of fans who only know the trophy winning city, but the older guard waited 40 years to win a trophy, I’d say they are quite content and still in a position to win 3 trophies and will lose the league only to a exceptional Liverpool side.

1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I wouldn’t say they are overly bothered by it. Maybe the new generation of fans who only know the trophy winning city, but the older guard waited 40 years to win a trophy, I’d say they are quite content and still in a position to win 3 trophies and will lose the league only to a exceptional Liverpool side.

Come for a pint this way you will soon change your mind 

• Members
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Come for a pint this way you will soon change your mind 

Haha you may be right but inside the club it’s not about one prize it’s about creating that winning mentality from the kids to the seniors. 

I did meet a City fan yesterday who said he prefers the days before the money though which blows my mind, because I remember them screaming at Joe Royle at Maine road.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Big E said:

This mans correct. It also doesn’t help citeh being so rubbish. Something wrong there

Guadiola messed up not replacing Kompany, and then losing Laporte to injury

Clearly doesn't rate Otamendi and Stones and resorts to playing his best defensive midfielder in defence meaning teams will get far more chances against them than they did the last few seasons

They certainly won't be winning the CL if that carries on

54 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Haha you may be right but inside the club it’s not about one prize it’s about creating that winning mentality from the kids to the seniors. 

I did meet a City fan yesterday who said he prefers the days before the money though which blows my mind, because I remember them screaming at Joe Royle at Maine road.

I’m not sure I’d like us to win year after year regularly (I’d like us to win something at some point obviously) the thought of going to a game and expecting to win every week would feel alien.

Luckily I think this is something I don’t have to worry about with BWFC ha.

• Members
36 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Guadiola messed up not replacing Kompany, and then losing Laporte to injury

Clearly doesn't rate Otamendi and Stones and resorts to playing his best defensive midfielder in defence meaning teams will get far more chances against them than they did the last few seasons

They certainly won't be winning the CL if that carries on

Stones injured a lot as well. Otamendi needs that calmness at the side of him. A bit like when Cahill was best next to Terry. If you watch any of Peps teams he likes a ball playing centre back alongside a ball winning defender.

Pique Puyol

Pique Mascherano

Lahm Boateng Rafinha

Kompany Stones

Otamendi Laporte

Ferdinandinho is the best CDM in the league but not the best CB so he’s out of position. Losing Laporte was unfortunate but he should be well and truly up and running before Real Madrid. They are in the process of trying to bring through their younger players and have some good players in the academy but can’t just be thrown in at the moment.

• Members
16 minutes ago, tomski said:

I’m not sure I’d like us to win year after year regularly (I’d like us to win something at some point obviously) the thought of going to a game and expecting to win every week would feel alien.

Luckily I think this is something I don’t have to worry about with BWFC ha.

I always like being the underdog but winning the Prem just once would be nice 😁

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Well said 

I fucking hate the cunts. Said it before, but in the last ten years they have become everything they detested

• Moderators
Just now, Dr Faustus said:

I fucking hate the cunts. Said it before, but in the last ten years they have become everything they detested

They were just jealous as they always believed they deserved success more than utd because most of their fans were local and walked to every home game

It amuses me that most city fans you come across on social media now qualify themselves in their bio with how long they've been a fan to make sure folk don't take them for a JCL

The Sky money from this season and the parachute money is obscene though, keeps clubs afloat and just encourages over spending.  Any team coming up from championship signing new players will have relegation clauses written into their contracts, so they are probably safe from imploding (I want to say "unfortunately" but most fans dont deserve that crap that we went through, and those that cause it just walk away).