Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dare To Dream People....

gonzo

Can anbody do a table from lennons 11 games in charge? Im shit like that.

The old cliche judge the table after 10 games etc etc. id say wed be clear top?

So hes wiped out that horrific start and had us nicely within range. Got another half a season at 2ppg.

Happy Christmas its gonna be a good new year

While Bolton have moved up from 24th (5pts) to 16th (26),  Bournemouth have gone from 11th (15) to 1st (42).

While Bolton have moved up from 24th (5pts) to 16th (26),  Bournemouth have gone from 11th (15) to 1st (42).

Unbelievable form from Bournemouth. I though we had a sniff of the play offs but I'm having serious doubts now despite our superb run of form because I cannot see us making up 12 points to get to 6th the first 11 games under Freedman were so bad I think that will prove to be the telling factor on our season.

• Members

Massive ask to pull 12 points back , i think just enjoy the rest of this season , keep plugging away ,keep progressing, restoring pride and playing well and look forward to taking the league by storm next season ............Owt else is a bonus .

Massive ask to pull 12 points back , i think just enjoy the rest of this season , keep plugging away ,keep progressing, restoring pride and playing well and look forward to taking the league by storm next season ............Owt else is a bonus .

Have to agree with this lets build some momentum hopefully we can re-sign the majority who are out of contract even if we don't go up, the big downer if we don't will be the loss of Chungy it's a great shame the last 2 years we have wasted his ability.

Momentum and sentiment is clearly building here chaps, if it doesn't happen this year, we will piss the league next year.

I put money on us as well once Lennon arrived.

I've been working down in Southampton recently, their lot thought I was cracked when i told em we were going up, but suddenly even those lot have started having a punt on us.

Will be interesting if we do go up and play them next season, might have to do a double decker for old times sake.

Woah woah woah

What happened to FFP, our diminishing wage bill, our dreadful squad and a Manager needing about 2 years to create his own squad

What's that? All we needed was a proper Manager?

I'll admit that I was one who had sympathy for The hand that DF had to work with. I know fooking nowt me.

Freedman is a cunt.

We're averaging 1.91 pts per game under Lenny, the same as Bournemouths season average.

Says it all.

How that fucker ever managed our club I'll never know.

"We controlled the game without having the ball"

All time Classic.

Play offs are a distant dream but we've got a good un' in NL.

The away games will now become more enjoyable as the numbers return and we all believe again.

NL - We believe in you.

Logically I agree with this, even our current form is 'only' top four, to pull back 12 points is potentially too much would ned something really special.

I think we will need too many teams to have poor second halves of the season.

But forgetting logic....if NL can bring 2 or 3 players no reason we can not have a real run at it.

2 points a game takes us to 74 which should scrape us in. That's a very tough ask when we start playing decent teams again, Brentford are the only decent team we've beaten I think. It will be superb if we can start beating Watford, Boro, Derby etc and the last two aways would be massive then.

Possible and it's certainly an enjoyable run we are on.

Logically I agree with this, even our current form is 'only' top four, to pull back 12 points is potentially too much would ned something really special.

I think we will need too many teams to have poor second halves of the season.

But forgetting logic....if NL can bring 2 or 3 players no reason we can not have a real run at it.

To beat the better teams we need quality players in January. I think the team coming on a run into the play offs maybe Fulham not us as they've already got quality in the squad.

There's no dreaming about it.

He's up for this! The way he came charging over to the fans at the final whistle was brilliant.

It's about time we all started getting up for it too.

I'm looking forward to the Boxing Day atmosphere & then show him a what support we can give with a HUGE following at Hudds, Sheff Weds.

12 points to pull back isn't impossible, carry on averaging 2 points a game to the end of the season & a play off spot is comfortably achievable.

I said before in a previous thread, a good run into Christmas (job done) wins against Blackburn & Hudds, then We're into the January transfer window & anything's possible. It's all going to plan.

If anyone can, the wee ginger man can!

2 pts a game under Lenny, without him influencing the make up of the squad = play offs

There's only 3 points separating play offs from automatic promotion, which entirely possible with some of his own additions