Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Farage

voodoo ray

Work around Dickson road a lot mate,it's an old cliche but you really could write a book on the stuff you see.

Saw a bloke pulling a microwave along on a lead like a dog last summer. Telling it to sit and wait at every road crossing.

There's a tranny knocks about on a unicycle and a bloke called jumanji that wears a different bandage on his non injured head every day.

Add all that to 24 hour pisscans wandering the streets with bottles of frosty jacks and Polish brasses I think we are on to a winner Stevie.

love it round there staying in the new bond in May on lord st

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just been listening to an interview with the man and I think they would be getting my vote this time if I was still there.

I hear that the left wing of the union movement and other assorted leftie protestors have taken to attempting to disrupt their meetings etc. as they are running out of places to protest. The BNP and EDL mustn't be doing much these days?

If UKIP hold the balance of power, he says they won't be allying with Miliband. Makes all the right noises.

If UKIP hold the balance of power, he says they won't be allying with Miliband. Makes all the right noises.

I heard some political analyst saying on the wireless the other day that UKIP are only predicted to get 3 or 4 seats at the General Election, if that is the case, then I'm not sure they'll be holding any balance of power.

Personally, I think they'll do very little in the General Election. I do think they'll start to do well in local council elections over the next couple of years though

Yes, UKIP are more a local enitity rather than a national one.

a bit like the greens or how the lib dems have recently become.

No more local than any other party. They're going to be 2nd place in well over 100 seats after this election, and their weakest areas will be no weaker than the weakest areas for Labour or the Tories.

The fact they're going to get far fewer seats per vote than the lib dems provides a pretty good demonstration that they're not as concentrated - if they were, the 'experts' would be predicting 50 seats, not 3-5.

Amusing to see someone pay for Nazi show girls to turn up at their conference. I do wonder if they stop to ponder that large parts of the Eurozone have significant votes for genuine facist parties because of the economic and democratic dislocation caused by the Euro.

Edited by maaarsh

No more local than any other party. They're going to be 2nd place in well over 100 seats after this election, and their weakest areas will be no weaker than the weakest areas for Labour or the Tories.

The fact they're going to get far fewer seats per vote than the lib dems provides a pretty good demonstration that they're not as concentrated - if they were, the 'experts' would be predicting 50 seats, not 3-5.

Amusing to see someone pay for Nazi show girls to turn up at their conference. I do wonder if they stop to ponder that large parts of the Eurozone have significant votes for genuine facist parties because of the economic and democratic dislocation caused by the Euro.

I took trafs post as meaning people are more likely to vote UKIP in local elections than national.

As weak as the other parties may be a vote for UKIP is a protest as let's be honest not many people know their policies on most subjects.

I took trafs post as meaning people are more likely to vote UKIP in local elections than national.

As weak as the other parties may be a vote for UKIP is a protest as let's be honest not many people know their policies on most subjects.

You obviously have a higher opinion than me of how well informed the average voter is about Labour or Tory policies. Labour have just proposed effectively capping pensions at £20k per annum for anyone currently below the age of 35, but the detail is such that most people will never notice it. But it's all for a good cause - making sure rich graduates don't have to pay for their 3 year holiday.

• Members

You obviously have a higher opinion than me of how well informed the average voter is about Labour or Tory policies. Labour have just proposed effectively capping pensions at £20k per annum for anyone currently below the age of 35, but the detail is such that most people will never notice it. But it's all for a good cause - making sure rich graduates don't have to pay for their 3 year holiday.

Does the oddball really think this will carry him to number 10?

I know he's pushing to lower the voting age. Be better to raise it to 21.

• Site Supporter

The reduction of tuition fees is a load of bollocks. People really need to look into the details of this so called debt they are taking on. It matters not if it is 6, 9 or 12 grand a year, most will never pay it off anyway.

I think UKIP will do quite well in the GE as a percentage of the vote but will only get a handful of seats. Regardless of whether you agree with their policies or not, their impact on politics is a good thing IMO.

• Moderators

The reduction of tuition fees is a load of bollocks. People really need to look into the details of this so called debt they are taking on. It matters not if it is 6, 9 or 12 grand a year, most will never pay it off anyway.

Really? The threshold is under £17K, it's hardly moved since I paid my £3,500 off 20 years ago. I know grad salaries have dropped, but are they really under £17K, which isn't much over minimum wage!

• Site Supporter

Really? The threshold is under £17K, it's hardly moved since I paid my £3,500 off 20 years ago. I know grad salaries have dropped, but are they really under £17K, which isn't much over minimum wage!

Yes but at that level the repayments are really small. The actual amount that will be repaid is about 40% in total. That means that whilst some will go on to repay their loan in full, most will not and some pay nothing at all.

Just been listening to an interview with the man and I think they would be getting my vote this time if I was still there.

I hear that the left wing of the union movement and other assorted leftie protestors have taken to attempting to disrupt their meetings etc. as they are running out of places to protest. The BNP and EDL mustn't be doing much these days?

Wow. If Farage has made a favourable impression on Bolty, just think of the possibilities.

Although mocked and misrepresented by the press, he does come across well. And don't forget this is a man who gave up well-paid work to campaign for what he believes in. Just like all the others.

He might be the one to benefit from TV debates this time around, when viewers see him in action rather than simply reading the opinions of journo hacks.

UKIP are seious contenders along the coast from Lincolnshire to Hampshire, plus a few isolated inland constituencies. The obvious danger is the squeeze from the major parties, but both leaders are so inept that this may not happen.

• Site Supporter

Wow. If Farage has made a favourable impression on Bolty, just think of the possibilities.

Although mocked and misrepresented by the press, he does come across well. And don't forget this is a man who gave up well-paid work to campaign for what he believes in. Just like all the others.

He might be the one to benefit from TV debates this time around, when viewers see him in action rather than simply reading the opinions of journo hacks.

UKIP are seious contenders along the coast from Lincolnshire to Hampshire, plus a few isolated inland constituencies. The obvious danger is the squeeze from the major parties, but both leaders are so inept that this may not happen.

Who you voting for Malc?

• Members

Did you say Wow?

I bow. K9.

The commies are shit scared of ukip because they know for whatever reason they are making people sit up and listen. Playing the race card to defend it too...dangerous.

I've not seen the melts demonstrating against labours plan to charge 6k a year for university students yet either and assume the unions will be withdrawing their support whilst scruffs will be ripping up traffic cones along whitehall on may day until free education is given.

goose and gander, and all that.

A vote for Farage is very short sighted.

We need our European neighbours more than they need us.

We should be fighting our corner as part of the EU not from outside it.

Wish I had a £ for every time that old chestnut is rolled out.

The world will end and the sky will fall down and all that.

Malc has hit the nail on the head. The Guardians attempts to smear him holds no bounds. A couple of days after the Chelsea Paris race hullabaloo they printed a picture taken a year or so ago of Farage in a beer garden with someone who was on that carriage. It was later revealed that lad had nowt to do with what went on but they never printed an apology or retraction.

Eh ? Where was there any mention of people's knowledge of other parties policies ?

My point is that the vast majority of people have one of the two main parties they usually vote for and come a big desicion they tend to go back to that party. Plenty float arround but most vote the same way time after time.

UKIP are the latest party to attract the pissed off from both sides, local elections are seen as less important so UKIP do well,General Election they won't.

It is one thing having this lot sorting out which yellow lines need repainting, it is another putting them in charge of the NHS.