Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

I'm not surprised, he's not really go much of a look in at Palace.

My Palace supporting mate, who a few of you have met (yes, he has an ST), is very confused by CYL. He's asked me several times what his position is supposed to be, it seems Palace fans can't work out if he is supposed to be a winger, central midfielder or a wide player. My mate is quite surprised at how highly rated CYL was at Bolton Wanderers, as he basically reckons he's an average Championship level player at best......

Clearly he's not the player he was prior to his injury, he did look good for a short spell before we offloaded him to Palace, so he does obviously still have some ability, but maybe his time as a PL player is now over.

I will add, that I always struggled to see why so many people raved about him as a player. He was good, but nowhere near as good a player as some seemed to make him out to be

I think, like Clough he would do well in a good footballing team. When he was playing well before his move our football was the best under Lennon. I reckon he's an intelligent player not an physical type.

He was very decent in the 2010 WC as well

A career very much ruined by injury it would seem

Some important goals for us as well. 

Not long after the Newport twat did him, I was up for a game and briefly stopped at Knutsford Services on the way. Lo and behold the Newport team mooched into WHSmiths on their way to a game, and I thought "if I knew which one it was....."

That's okay. Quade Taylor can come in and be the next superstar.

Holding wasn't doing anything amazing in the u21s, he just dropped on at the right time and got an opportunity. (And without a doubt took it). No reason why Taylor can't do the same.