Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

13 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Aaron Rodgers to the Jets is completed.

This is going to go tits up in a spectacular Jets fashion isn't it.

I'd certainly like to think not, really were only a QB away last year from being very good, could argue that even average play from QB we would have been an 11/12 win team. 

I think it's a bit more than I would have liked to give up, but there is talk of the contract restructure situation being very favourable for us so the slightly steep trade value would make more sense. 

If nothing else though we have the most talented QB in franchise history, despite his age, with a point to prove on a team friendly deal and a commitment to play for at least the next two years with the same offensive coordinator that had him winning back to back MVPs only a year ago. That alone is reason enough for me to be positive going in to the season. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 26/07/2023 at 23:05, Zico said:

Aaron Rodgers signs for the jets 

39 years old 

2 year deal 

£75m

Biggest paycut ever taken to ease the cap implications of the trade. Can't argue with that, I think Rodgers has an encouraging mentality with this move, realises it's a very good opportunity to win in his last few years. 

Also commits him to at least the next 2 seasons, justifying the potential 1st Rounder that the Jets gave up in the trade. 

Freed the team up to re-sign Quinnen Williams and also allows them to either add a premium free agent now or make a move at the trade deadline later in the year. 

All positives from the move so far. I think Rodgers has a chip on his shoulder as well these next couple of years which could spell another MVP-like year or two. 

• Site Supporter
On 01/08/2023 at 13:57, Traf said:

Jets will be the Jets and find new ways to fuck things up.

Correct

Rodgers will either snap his arm in half at an Anti-vaxx rally or get an ACL ripped in pre season.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

@Traf @Spider @frank_spencer @meanderson93 @ZiggyStardust @Wanderlust @jeep @crawshawbooth @wiggy

(I cc'd all you in as you've posted on the last two pages so assume you know your stuff)

I'm entering a fantasy NFL thing, a mate asked me as someone dropped out and they need 8

there is an online draft tomorrow at 9pm

all I know is I want Josh Allen, but if he goes before I get to pick, I'll just go with the best left

anyway

I am way out of my depth here and need help

anyone ever done these?

who should I pick?

I think it's in snake order, I guess / think I can just get it to pick me the best that is left, but, some tips would still be helpful

4 hours ago, Zico said:

@Traf @Spider @frank_spencer @meanderson93 @ZiggyStardust @Wanderlust @jeep @crawshawbooth @wiggy

(I cc'd all you in as you've posted on the last two pages so assume you know your stuff)

I'm entering a fantasy NFL thing, a mate asked me as someone dropped out and they need 8

there is an online draft tomorrow at 9pm

all I know is I want Josh Allen, but if he goes before I get to pick, I'll just go with the best left

anyway

I am way out of my depth here and need help

anyone ever done these?

who should I pick?

I think it's in snake order, I guess / think I can just get it to pick me the best that is left, but, some tips would still be helpful

I'm your man

What draft position are you? 

Don't go for a QB first ffs.  

RBs / WRs first. 

Assume Mohomes & Allen will be round 3ish. 

You can wait for a QB usually, I get liking one in particular but the drop off from the best to the rest is much smaller compared to other positions in Fantasy. 

Prioritise an RB and WR in the first two rounds at least then if Allen is there for you in the 3rd it isn't the worst pick.

But if you aren't too certain then the main player board doesn't steer you too far wrong, one thing I'd suggest keeping an eye on is the bye weeks that your players are on, try not stacking too many all on the same week and you should be fine enough. 

1 hour ago, meanderson93 said:

You can wait for a QB usually, I get liking one in particular but the drop off from the best to the rest is much smaller compared to other positions in Fantasy. 

Prioritise an RB and WR in the first two rounds at least then if Allen is there for you in the 3rd it isn't the worst pick.

But if you aren't too certain then the main player board doesn't steer you too far wrong, one thing I'd suggest keeping an eye on is the bye weeks that your players are on, try not stacking too many all on the same week and you should be fine enough. 

I'd pick one of the better TEs before a QB to, if any available 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, L/H White said:

I'm your man

What draft position are you? 

Find out 30 mins before 

9pm tonight 

Going to do a test run in a bit 

Is the subs bench a random mix of any players or do you have to get a backup for each position?