Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

• Moderators

Where would they play if the macron went for housing?

Atherton, Breightmet utd.....

As I understand it, you need a ground suitable for the level you are playing at. It's a box ticking exercise e.g. Colls sticking a table in front of two seats and marking them as Press. But it needs doing by end of March, as I understand it.

For example St Helens town are developing their own ground so playing all over the shop and will miss this deadline, so they need a groundshare in place to avoid being relegated, as happened last season to Rochdale Town as their pitch was too small, amongst other stuff. Or as happened when Turton got knocked back.

Breightmet United I've not been to for years, but to play at North-West Counties (Divisions 9 and 10) you need floodlights, and I doubt they'd ever get planning permission with the houses around there. I believe they cost £20K+. Atherton isn't in Bolton, like it or not, for me that's a non-starter.

Bolton should have another club higher up the pyramid than Daisy, playing in front of 20 men and a (fucking massive) dog, and potentially suffers due to that. Radcliffe Borough is the best ground around here that could potentially get you into the Conf North (debatably). But again it's not in Bolton, it's M26. Only place I can think that may work would be Chorley, or sharing Gigg, unless someone wants to get a Step 1 quality stadium built asap.

• Moderators

So basically we are losing money every month.

Neither of the dodgy duo are prepared to stick long term funding in. Probably do not have enough anyway.

Is there any new news ?

the bit about Deano's £5M loan being 25-30% APR was an eye opener

I hear lots of things from many different sources but to me it looks like DH gambled and lost. KA came in with a more astute approach and will do whatever he has to do to make the club profitable again. That would make the club a more attractive proposition for potential investors/buyers or he could be here for the long haul. Either way, it could be a nice earner for him. If that means the club returns to anything near to the heady days of 10 years ago then everyone wins.

I have a more positive outlook than many on here.

I'm confident that KA will turn things around and it will make his job easier if we go up this year.

I hear lots of things from many different sources but to me it looks like DH gambled and lost. KA came in with a more astute approach and will do whatever he has to do to make the club profitable again. That would make the club a more attractive proposition for potential investors/buyers or he could be here for the long haul. Either way, it could be a nice earner for him. If that means the club returns to anything near to the heady days of 10 years ago then everyone wins.

I have a more positive outlook than many on here.

I'm confident that KA will turn things around and it will make his job easier if we go up this year.

I'm with you.

KA came in with his own investment ideas and connections. He certainly didn't come in to work along side a wide boy and his criminal mates who have no money.

The job is to stabilise, stop pissing money away and try and stay positive on the pitch.

There's investors circling that's for certain. Just not whilst we have a ridiculous loan attached to that whopper.

What I don't get and I think this is where KA is coming from is that how DH had the power/authority to essentially mortgage assets of BWFC to secure a loan obtained by Sports Shield without the agreement of other Directors of BWFC and the presence of an approved signed copy of Board meeting minutes giving that authority. I'm no legal expert but would have thought that loan would be unenforceable from a security point of  view.

As a supplier to the club myself, it's always a pain when payment is overdue. The fact that KA has been open about the financial situation at least makes the business/financial situation clear. Based on the information that is regularly put out by the chairman, I can make a judgement on wether I should continue to supply or not. As I've said previously, I'm confident that he can turn it around so I'm happy to continue if they are happy with me.

What doesn't help is misinformed headlines by the local press and the ST.

I'm with you.

KA came in with his own investment ideas and connections. He certainly didn't come in to work along side a wide boy and his criminal mates who have no money.

The job is to stabilise, stop pissing money away and try and stay positive on the pitch.

There's investors circling that's for certain. Just not whilst we have a ridiculous loan attached to that whopper.

With this and Boby's post earlier. DH wasn't on scene long enough to make many pronouncements but a couple of things he said ( not least the bit where he seemed to be suggesting he wanted to be in the dressing room having an input) plus the question marks about his connections, left me a bit wary. Not saying KA's come out of this week with a lot of credit either but his openness with the supporter base is to be applauded and he is trying to stabilize the finances, make us worth investing in while supporting as much as he can a push to get us back up first time. No mean task but KA appears to be genuinely trying to do that

• Site Supporter

What I don't get and I think this is where KA is coming from is that how DH had the power/authority to essentially mortgage assets of BWFC to secure a loan obtained by Sports Shield without the agreement of other Directors of BWFC and the presence of an approved signed copy of Board meeting minutes giving that authority. I'm no legal expert but would have thought that loan would be unenforceable from a security point of  view.

Very odd. It's like your wife/husband secretly remortgaging your jointly-owned house without you co-signing the new agreement. If it's as simple as that, BlueMarble don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to recalling the debt, and Deano is in a lot of trouble. It won't be as simple as that though. I don't know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Cheese

I'm with you.

can understand why flash Gordon did a runner before signing a deal with holdsworth, he must have rumbled him. Unfortunately for Ken he obviously didn't have time to suss holdsworth out.