Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ritzy/ikon

bolton_blondie

I got kicked out once . Case of mistaken identity. Mate of mine barfed all over the shop I took the rap.

Tried to get back in wearing somebody else's coat and a pair of glasses. Bouncer whispered in my ear 'fuck off son before I twat you'

I was gutted - walked home feeling like one of the Birmingham Six

Snap

I now feel as old as Fuck

I am old as fuck :thumbsup:

Throw into the mix -

Navada

Bees Knees

Scamps

Pips

Maxwells Plum

Hawthorns

Temple

Mondo's

Pink Panther

Clouseaus

Taskers

Masseys

Bergeracs

Atlantis

J2

+ i feel like the Alan Whicker of the Bowton neetclub scene :blush:

Edited by Burndens Bogs

I am old as fuck :thumbsup:

Throw into the mix -

Navada

Bees Knees

Scamps

Pips

Maxwells Plum

Hawthorns

Temple

Mondo's

Pink Panther

Clouseaus

Taskers

Masseys

Bergeracs

Atlantis

J2

+ i feel like the Alan Whicker of the Bowton neetclub scene :blush:

There was also The Nocturne, next door to the Palais,

The Empress

Busin

Sundowners -later Sparrows ( I had a VIP pass for Sparrows - don't ask ! )

Much like Kent, didn't venture in very often and if we did it was always on a Wednesday for student night. Despite my best efforts to seduce Kent during a particularly lively version of Size of a Cow, he never responded to my advances.

But I do have one sorry tale from a night out there. I was seeing a young lady (lets call her Margot) who had just gone on a two week holiday. Two weeks is a long time for a 19 year old lad, so I did the decent thing and pulled her best friend on one of those rare occasions I ventured into Ritzy.

Her friend, racked with guilt, promptly told Margot on her return. I wasn't bothered that much, except for the fact I'd missed out on the 200 Marlboro Lights she'd brought back for me (don't ask, it was the mid 90s)

So, forgot about it, went back to Uni etc About a year later was having a drink with a mutual friend, and she said have you seen Margot's book? Obviously I hadn't. But Margot was a bit of a bright spark, gone to Cambridge and subsequently became a published poet. Next day, went into Waterstone's and lo and behold there was the said poetry book. Had a quick read through and she'd pretty much slagged me off, chapter - and indeed - verse, in most of the poems. Fairly good revenge.

Didn't hear anything until about 4 years later she got in contact asking if I'd take part in her Radio 4 programme on The Male Muse! Tempting, but I declined. Then just last week, I was outside by current place of work having a quick ciggie (its a venue as well as office space) and there behind me was a massive poster of Margot announcing that she was performing there that weekend. So, in my humble experience, don't cheat on academics and future poets in Ritzy, even is you advance onto the fingering couches.

Much like Kent, didn't venture in very often and if we did it was always on a Wednesday for student night. Despite my best efforts to seduce Kent during a particularly lively version of Size of a Cow, he never responded to my advances.

But I do have one sorry tale from a night out there. I was seeing a young lady (lets call her Margot) who had just gone on a two week holiday. Two weeks is a long time for a 19 year old lad, so I did the decent thing and pulled her best friend on one of those rare occasions I ventured into Ritzy.

Her friend, racked with guilt, promptly told Margot on her return. I wasn't bothered that much, except for the fact I'd missed out on the 200 Marlboro Lights she'd brought back for me (don't ask, it was the mid 90s)

So, forgot about it, went back to Uni etc About a year later was having a drink with a mutual friend, and she said have you seen Margot's book? Obviously I hadn't. But Margot was a bit of a bright spark, gone to Cambridge and subsequently became a published poet. Next day, went into Waterstone's and lo and behold there was the said poetry book. Had a quick read through and she'd pretty much slagged me off, chapter - and indeed - verse, in most of the poems. Fairly good revenge.

Didn't hear anything until about 4 years later she got in contact asking if I'd take part in her Radio 4 programme on The Male Muse! Tempting, but I declined. Then just last week, I was outside by current place of work having a quick ciggie (its a venue as well as office space) and there behind me was a massive poster of Margot announcing that she was performing there that weekend. So, in my humble experience, don't cheat on academics and future poets in Ritzy, even is you advance onto the fingering couches.

Ha ha, I really want to read the book now, even though I don't know her.  Or you, for that matter.