Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ritzy/ikon

bolton_blondie

Remember a tidy piece grabbing me and snogging me for ages. After a bit I got the uneasy feeling I was being watched. I pulled myself away from her chops and a bloke was standing there smiling at us.

Before I got chance to ask what he was up to she introduced him as her boyfriend and he held his hand out to shake mine.

Think the scene from The Office with Gareth in the nightclub and you're not far wrong. (I didn't go home in their sidecar though)

Didn't Bolton Council request the old facade of Marsden Road Fire Station be preserved?

To which the developers replied; "That'll cost too much, so fuck off or we'll fuck off elsewhere"

To wit the council said; "Oh, go on then, build Forest Bank Part II (and let it become a knocking shop with deathtrap* services).

* allegedly deathtrap.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

But if the developers want to extend, Planning may have more sway.  You'd hope they'd at least pursue it.

You'd hope so, but I wouldn't hold my breath, it's been empty how long? The developers usually get their way in such cases...

I suppose it will be one less empty building making the town look shite...

I had cause to be at the bottom end of Bradshawgate t'other week, it's a f*cking disgrace, surely the council can take some of action, even token, against the owners/landlords of some of those slums, especially the BMW buildings?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Did they have fingering couches in your time there?

Don't think so, at least not on Sundays which was when young people went to dance. I remember the bouncy floor. It turned into Rockerfellas when I was in the 6th form but by that time we'd moved onto that place under the jobcentre.

• Site Supporter

Don't think so, at least not on Sundays which was when young people went to dance. I remember the bouncy floor. It turned into Rockerfellas when I was in the 6th form but by that time we'd moved onto that place under the jobcentre.

Palais to Space City

• Members

Met my missus at the Palais De Danse.

Had some times in there I can tell you. Regular mass brawls when Salford and Manchester came along to try and 'take' Bolton/Farnworth.

Never happened. Plenty thrown off that balcony on to the back of the stage where one Mr. Derek Guest was doing his thing. Vague memory of some fucker being killed in such an incident.

Very fond memories. Certain tunes I hear down here always remind me of the Palais with its imitation palms and warm Watneys Red. The nights I went to were predominantly soul/ska nights but for some reason, some oddball ones seemed to work there and were played incessantly.

These three for example:-