Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Manager

Take Hunt Off

• Site Supporter

Don't give a fuck who our next manager is. Just be nice to end the speculation we've had to go through ALL season. Ownership, player contracts, managers etc.. It'll be nice to have things settled for the first time in years.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

To be fair, he's managed some shitty clubs who are usually in the doldrums, his win rate isn't too bad.

Not sure what his managerial style is but it seems obvious to me Holdsworth wants a manager who is well known for getting his teams fit as a flea. Expect plenty of runs up Rivington in July from our squad

Just checked his CV decent experience but not fantastic record.

Agree but I don't think he's been given the chance to manage anywhere that he would be expected to win anything. Win ratio of 39% is reasonable. Most decent managers will be 40% or so. Most of his experience seems to be steering potless clubs away from disaster - Oldham, Newport, Plymouth etc.

If we are going just off previous success in L1 you would have to go with Cottrill from the current contenders - ex team mate of Deano as well.

Agree but I don't think he's been given the chance to manage anywhere that he would be expected to win anything. Win ratio of 39% is reasonable. Most decent managers will be 40% or so. Most of his experience seems to be steering potless clubs away from disaster - Oldham, Newport, Plymouth etc.

If we are going just off previous success in L1 you would have to go with Cottrill from the current contenders - ex team mate of Deano as well.

Spent a fair bit getting back up. Big no for me. Did well at notts county too. Big budget iirc too. Steer clear

Interesting listen after Southend's loss against Wigan yesterday and the interviewer asked Brown about his future. Scroll to 3 mins 25.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03rzg75

He's got to the point where the only thing standing between him and his dream job is his Chairman. Without suggesting he is doing it on purpose, his best chance would be to keep losing games at Southend.

Sounds like he's our next manager, just a matter of when. The Chairman goes to press at the weekend to say how disappointed he would be if Brown left, sounds like a dance to the finish line which our owners have to say stop at some point.

I honesty prefer Sheridan to Brown he's done great on tiny budgets& hopeless cases .At the moment we need someone to stop the rot & turn things around .Brown for me is the emperor bout clothes

a slightly delusional character who believes his own bullshit......hope to God its me that's deluded!

I don't think a Sheridan character is what's needed next season we have a bunch of decent young kids who might need arm round them at times a father type figure/manager not sure Sheridan is that type of manager. Brown for me at this point in time. I'd also have no issues with Peter Reid, yes he was abrasive but think he's calmed down, knows and loves the club and I'd like him involved somehow.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

I don't think a Sheridan character is what's needed next season we have a bunch of decent young kids who might need arm round them at times a father type figure/manager not sure Sheridan is that type of manager. Brown for me at this point in time. I'd also have no issues with Peter Reid, yes he was abrasive but think he's calmed down, knows and loves the club and I'd like him involved somehow.

But Brown isn't like that he publicly humiliated his team on the pitch at Man City, in that last interview he was laying Into the players in the media,

But Brown isn't like that he publicly humiliated his team on the pitch at Man City, in that last interview he was laying Into the players in the media,

Think he's learned from that mistake, his record at Southend until the Bolton link suggests the players liked him and played for him.

On here I half jokingly threw Sheridan's hat into the ring before we got Lenny in, mainly to counter calls for Browny, Keith Hill or Big Mick...

I seem to recall him wading in once when we had a team of men not pussies, for that (well that and a decent ratio with poor teams) he'll do for me.

#ABPBorKH...

On reflection I think Scott Sellars was the only one who didn't wade in, but that's not the point...

Senility is kicking in as I still can't recall the match it happened in.

3-0 win against Wolves, January 1997. Bryan Small was the only one who didn't join in, he instead chose to do some kick-ups on the Manny Road touch line.

Sheridan over Brown for me, by the way. Even went to the extent of checking last night that Sheridan played in the same team as Holdsworth during 97/98.