Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

O2 Mobile Coverage / Signal

jules_darby

• Site Supporter

Anyone on O2 that can comment if the coverage / signal strength is usually any good?

We have a the best deal to change all of our UK work phones to them but I've never had one so I don't know

Thanks

We just switched from O2 to EE (17 users), the difference in coverage on EE is a massive improvement.

I've got guys all over the country and they were struggling with O2 signal constantly dropping out.

• Site Supporter

EE has the best UK coverage but obviously some areas are better served by other providers due to mast location. EE have hit the jackpot and are getting paid by the UK government to improve their 4G network to support the emergency services which is being rolled out in NW England first.

I am on VF which is pretty good, O2 & VF are in the process of sharing their masts so should have similar coverage.

We just switched from O2 to EE (17 users), the difference in coverage on EE is a massive improvement.

I've got guys all over the country and they were struggling with O2 signal constantly dropping out.

we've just changed all ours from O2 to EE for the same reason. My personal mobile is EE too and working over in the back of beyond its great.

I reckon whichever service provider you go for you'll get good and bad coverage somewhere so when you're looking at national it comes down to best deal.

My national team were on O2 and didn't have many problems (unless you wanted to get out of a conference call!).....apart from NI but he lived in a hill somewhere!

• Members

Few years ago I was with t-mobile and moved house to somewhere where the signal was absolutely shite. I was lucky to get one bar on the reception

Fortunately I only had a couple of months left on the contract so at the end rang them (from somewhere else) saying I was leaving and explained the reason why

Their response to try and keep me was to offer the same contract I waa on but at a reduced rate

If you get through to the Philippines customer service with EE then I agree, they're rubbish & don't listen to a word you say, or don't understand it. The Scottish lot are great.

I once was talking to the Philippine lot with a complaint about the size of my bill. All they could say was that they couldn't do anything & all the prices were correct. I was getting pretty cross. The woman then changed tack a bit & asked if I used voicemail (and if she'd got my details up as she claimed to have, she should have been able to see... ). I said I did, very occasionally. She then suggested I have their voicemail add-on. Not being stupid, I asked her if this would cost me anything. Yes, she said. £5 a month, but the savings would be big. So, I said (starting to lose my rag) I've called you to complain about my bill being too high, your only solution is to try to flog me something that costs an extra £5 all to save on voicemail that I only pay 20p a month for.

I got through to the nice Scots who could see straight away what was wrong & my bill was reduced by £7 a month backdated to when they srarted overcharging.

To whoever said it above, I agree, the Lakes is one place where the O2 signal is nonexistent but the EE signal is fine. Another place, ironically, is the O2 arena in London.

• Site Supporter

My company use O2 for all our business handsets. Most of us live in the "country" and O2 seems so much worse that other providers. But it's cheaper. My missus and the kids have EE and it's fine out in the sticks.

To get round the poor O2 signal I have at home I've had an O2 booster box installed that works through my router and I get the full signal. I also have an O2 app called TU Go that calls/texts through wifi using the same phone no and doesn't depend on other caller being on wifi. Or something like that.

And I agree with EG above that EE customer service from overseas is rubbish but if you can bag a local then they're very good.