Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next England Manager?

hes a grade a cunt

Nah, has his issues but at least he sees it from the fans view. Only pundit that mixes with fans before games and when not commentating or at games in a professional capacity pays his own way to see games and sits with ordinary fans.

Now Brazil. How that condescending leech has survived this long is completely beyond comprehension.

Nah, has his issues but at least he sees it from the fans view. Only pundit that mixes with fans before games and when not commentating or at games in a professional capacity pays his own way to see games and sits with ordinary fans.

Now Brazil. How that condescending leech has survived this long is completely beyond comprehension.

Agreed.

It will be worth it just for Martin Samuel to self combust as soon as Sam is appointed

Samuel was complimentary of Sam when when doing the England Euro 2016 obituary, well he said they would be better organised or harder to score against something like that.For years watching England its been a case of knowing they will ship a goal in whenever they have to defend for a length of time.As a great defensive coach there's no way a Sam team would concede so easily.I hope and think it will finally happen for Sam.I think its sinking in that without great attacking players England have got to appoint a manager who is great defensively.

Samuel was complimentary of Sam when when doing the England Euro 2016 obituary, well he said they would be better organised or harder to score against something like that.For years watching England its been a case of knowing they will ship a goal in whenever they have to defend for a length of time.As a great defensive coach there's no way a Sam team would concede so easily.I hope and think it will finally happen for Sam.I think its sinking in that without great attacking players England have got to appoint a manager who is great defensively.

Spot on.

One thing about great defensive sides is that they always have an "out". They carry a goal threat. 

This is important as it blunts the opposition in that they can only throw the kitchen sink at the end of the game.

I would like Sam to get it. But he would be a big gamble for the FA. And, for the job he craves, it will be a bigger gamble for Sam himself. He has always done a job wherever he's been. But it has been in a club environment. The England job will test his abilities due to the fact he can't, and will be unable to get that club feeling due to the international calendar. Even if Sam doesn't get it the FA should deffinatly go English. Hod is God.

I'm a fan of hoddle but a decade out of the game is too long imo.

I don't care about youth development or 16 acre sites at a st George's park. I don't care if Jack Wilshire on his day can thread a ball through the eye of needle.

I just want us to fucking compete at a tournament and actually win football matches. Fuck style, fuck playing stars, let's go and win something.

Get big sam in. He's won every game in his management career that mattered. He just knows how to win a game no matter how it's done. Don't bottle it FA ffs.

He's won every game in his management career that mattered. He just knows how to win a game no matter how it's done. Don't bottle it FA ffs.

He didn't win at the Millenium against Middlesborough, but i know what your saying.

Sam ain't a serial choker on the big occasion and if he instills that quality into his England players,then we should at least improve.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

I'm a fan of hoddle but a decade out of the game is too long imo.

I don't care about youth development or 16 acre sites at a st George's park. I don't care if Jack Wilshire on his day can thread a ball through the eye of needle.

I just want us to fucking compete at a tournament and actually win football matches. Fuck style, fuck playing stars, let's go and win something.

Get big sam in. He's won every game in his management career that mattered. He just knows how to win a game no matter how it's done. Don't bottle it FA ffs.

Not even arsed about winning owt. Just be happy to go out fighting rather than with a whimper as we have done for many a tournament recently

Hoddle told the Times that people were reincarnated 'to learn and face some of the things you have done - good and bad.' He said: 'You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap.'

Not for me thanks Glenn, you've had your chance in an previous century and you fucked it up.

Big Sam is where it's at.

• Moderators

I would like Sam to get it. But he would be a big gamble for the FA. And, for the job he craves, it will be a bigger gamble for Sam himself. He has always done a job wherever he's been. But it has been in a club environment. The England job will test his abilities due to the fact he can't, and will be unable to get that club feeling due to the international calendar. Even if Sam doesn't get it the FA should deffinatly go English. Hod is God.

Don't see how it's a gamble compared to paying Hodgson 4m a year

And no doubt capello and Ericsson were on big wedges

And we have been mostly shite this century

Got nothing to lose giving him the job

Don't see how it's a gamble compared to paying Hodgson 4m a year

And no doubt capello and Ericsson were on big wedges

And we have been mostly shite this century

Got nothing to lose giving him the job

A gamble in the way he's got an image of being more of a spit & sawdust manager. Recently the fa have either thrown money at an overseas manager, or given it to someone who ticked just enough boxes to get the job. Allardyce has been touting himself for the job since he was at Bolton. I would imagine the number of boxes he got ticked back then are at the same number now. So what's changed?

A gamble in the way he's got an image of being more of a spit & sawdust manager. Recently the fa have either thrown money at an overseas manager, or given it to someone who ticked just enough boxes to get the job. Allardyce has been touting himself for the job since he was at Bolton. I would imagine the number of boxes he got ticked back then are at the same number now. So what's changed?

BSA touted himself as the new Bolton years before he got it, what happened then?

One of the side effects of clubs going foreign all the time is a reduced number of English candidates. Who else credible is there?