Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next England Manager?

aye, ill give you townsend, always seemed to perform for england

Rooney as a midfielder. Behave. Up top or bench or home. If u play that formation and not two up top ali plays in the rooney hole..

its not like the squad he took was missing loads of obvious selections

fact is, they were shit tonight and the players need to take a long hard look at themselves

as an aside, where was gaz nev?

• Site Supporter

We aren't good enough to play tippy tappy football, we need to be able to mix it a bit more with the odd long ball to a decent target man and also play with much more tempo nearer to the English style of play.

Ranieri if foreign or BSA if English

Can you believe that Hodgson was the top paid manager at the tournament? We should have sacked him after the World Cup disaster and instead we give him a raise. Just listened to his resignation speech. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. "It's been a fantastic journey these four years and one I'll look back on with pride." And the players.... "They have been fantastic"

arrrrgggghhhhhhh

• Members

The fucking FA have a lot to answer for.

As always, they will pick whichever sorry cunt won't make any waves; say anything out of turn or cause an international incident.

Exactly why they would never appoint the imperious Brian Clough.

I would love to see an arse kicking tyrant in the job and Big Sam could do that job. No chance of Dyke and Co appointing him though. It will be some other insipid, passionless twat who fits their profile of being 'safe'.

What's so frustrating is that in a couple of the warm up matches we had looked half decent. But as ever it wasn't because of a plan, but because Rooney's injury forced Roy to try something different. 

I'm normally pretty pessimistic when it comes to England but I was actually pretty hopeful. And what does Roy do? Squeezes Rooney into the team and ensures we lose any balance we might have had. Rooney might be a good player but in 12 years of him playing we haven't managed a single decent tournament performance.

We now need a manager who will make brave decisions and think about building a team instead of trying not to upset our over pampered prima donnas.

Big Sam for me.

Can you believe that Hodgson was the top paid manager at the tournament? We should have sacked him after the World Cup disaster and instead we give him a raise. Just listened to his resignation speech. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. "It's been a fantastic journey these four years and one I'll look back on with pride." And the players.... "They have been fantastic"

arrrrgggghhhhhhh

Iceland's manager is a part time dentist.