Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next England Manager?

I think this is kind of my point. They had a far better supply line at their clubs than they ever will for England.

I'm also not sure that playing for England is seen as a big an honour anymore as it seems to be for other nations and their players.

You always used to get a story of someone missing out being devestated, didn't hear a thing this time.

Call me cynical but wouldn't more caps/tournament football potentially mean more £££ to the player?  I think they'd be proper gutted!

I do think that there is massive pressure/expectation when playing for England though that seems to reflect in nervy, well basically shiiiiiiite performances.

Although Inwould like Sam to get the job the role is completely different to the club stuff he has done. As a club manager he's in day to day contact with the players and can coach them his way.

As England boss apart from watching them play for their clubs he will have no influence on their day to day work and as such it may be difficult for him to instil his methods and style on players he spends very little time with.

• Site Supporter

Although Inwould like Sam to get the job the role is completely different to the club stuff he has done. As a club manager he's in day to day contact with the players and can coach them his way.

As England boss apart from watching them play for their clubs he will have no influence on their day to day work and as such it may be difficult for him to instil his methods and style on players he spends very little time with.

Quite true, though I think Sam's got the bottle to fuck off players who aren't prepared to engage at some level in his methods. Perhaps some clubs could learn from him.

He said himself, he's one of only 4 English managers in premier league and if the FA are looking to go English, then he would probably expect a call.

He didnt even look like he wanted or expected it in the interview I saw

It's 6 I think. Sam, Pulis, Howe, Bruce, Pardew and Dyche

As I said earlier, clubs employing foreign managers has drastically reduced the English credible candidates.