Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• 2 months later...
  • Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Radio 1 proper ripping it up tonight, actually decent dance tunes rather than Tong's mono noise. Quality this!

I'm listening to a repeat of the original "Knowing Me, Knowing You" from 1992, on BBC Radio 4 Extra. Slightly weird. Alan Partridge with a Norfolk country-bumpkin accent.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Cheese said:

I'm listening to a repeat of the original "Knowing Me, Knowing You" from 1992, on BBC Radio 4 Extra. Slightly weird. Alan Partridge with a Norfolk country-bumpkin accent.

Conrad Knight Socks

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Zico said:

someone is going to have to explain to me all these "jokes" on twitter and that which start with

"no one:"

preceded by nothing

The concept is basically "Nobody asked for this, but they gave it to us anyway."

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The concept is basically "Nobody asked for this, but they gave it to us anyway."

I guess that works in that respect, but I've seen others, like those below

which I sort of get, but then I'll see one like that artic monkeys and it confuses me

I think I'll just dismiss it as one for the kidz that older folk aren't meant to understand

or those tweeting don't understand

like those nocontext accounts that post things that don't require any context anyway, they're just posting standalone things that are obvious

049.png

d5e.jpg

064.jpg

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Zico said:

someone is going to have to explain to me all these "jokes" on twitter and that which start with

"no one:"

preceded by nothing

No idea, I’ve seen it but don’t find it remotely amusing or relevant,

maybe I’m missing the point.

Either way, the bit about the artics is bang on. They’re proper shit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, its that time of year again (late enteries might make it in the next two weeks) but these are my songs of 2022. Great year, two songs by Yard Act of which I make no excuse for. Interestingly there's loads of new alternative music that have a strong shoegaze feel to them. Its like the children of Kevin Shields have come home 😁

Great pop songs out this year - Harry Styles album was magnificent I thought, As It Was is just an all time classic. Mitski with Love Me More is just the tune to get to going in the morning. SR from Brixton released somehting almost as good as Welcome to Brixton with What's Good and Sudan Archives continues to be excellent. Pixies released a great tune, and The Smile was even better than Radiohead for me from the old timers. All in all, the kids are not only alright but making some of the best music I've heard in years. Hats off Zoomers and Millenials. Next up Gen Alpha - lets see what you got!

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well, its that time of year again (late enteries might make it in the next two weeks) but these are my songs of 2022. Great year, two songs by Yard Act of which I make no excuse for. Interestingly there's loads of new alternative music that have a strong shoegaze feel to them. Its like the children of Kevin Shields have come home 😁

Great pop songs out this year - Harry Styles album was magnificent I thought, As It Was is just an all time classic. Mitski with Love Me More is just the tune to get to going in the morning. SR from Brixton released somehting almost as good as Welcome to Brixton with What's Good and Sudan Archives continues to be excellent. Pixies released a great tune, and The Smile was even better than Radiohead for me from the old timers. All in all, the kids are not only alright but making some of the best music I've heard in years. Hats off Zoomers and Millenials. Next up Gen Alpha - lets see what you got!

I think it's fair to say a new song featuring Iggy Pop comes out every week 

He's the musical equivalent of Danny Trejo