Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

A poor record? With what he's had to spend his transfer record here is amazing. Look at losing Zach Clough and bringing in Morais who almost single handedly turned our form around and got us promoted.

Or signing Henry who has again completely changed our season.

Or Little who looks a gem of a free signing.

3 players.

How about that lad from Birmingham, Anderson from palace, Darby, proctor, wilbraham, c taylor, Buxton, Tom Thorpe, chris Long, wabara

When spending money we cannot afford to only get 1 in 4 right!

1 in 4? That is not reflective of reality.

Alnwick, Beevers, Amoebi, ALF (last season), Robinson, Armstrong, Burke have all been good.

Thorpe, Howard and Henry all did a job last season.

His record is as good as most managers, better if you factor in that he has had no money.

3 players.

How about that lad from Birmingham, Anderson from palace, Darby, proctor, wilbraham, c taylor, Buxton, Tom Thorpe, chris Long, wabara

When spending money we cannot afford to only get 1 in 4 right!

He's had to take whoever was available in many instances. When you can pay someone 4 grand a week or something max in the championship you end up with Wilbraham. 

3 players is unfair. Burke and Cullen look decent. Robinson has been a great addition. Beevers a super signing, Alnwick a decent keeper. Thorpe did a job for what he will have cost. Wabara was emergency cover, Buxton unlucky with injuries.

He's got far more right than wrong. And considering the restrictions its been miraculous.

• Moderators

Beevers often looks out of his depth this season.

without him, i doubt we get promoted

with no money, we cant change him

and re beevers, whatever we may think, is it not notable that its generally wheater who gets 'rested'

To be fair to him he's not the only one of the players who were excellent last season who's struggled this one.

Morais, Taylor and ALF also stand out as not being as effective this year.

Morais looks like he is coming back to something like his best now. Read somewhere he's not reached full fitness following the injury early on.

without him, i doubt we get promoted

with no money, we cant change him

and re beevers, whatever we may think, is it not notable that its generally wheater who gets 'rested'

I don't dispute any of the above., but I'd guess that Wheater's omissions might be partially related to the fact that he's medically fucked.

• Site Supporter

I'd like to see a list of who parky wanted and who KA/LA bought in.

I know for a fact parky never wanted ALF.

Not disputing your knowledge; but I'm surprised parky would put up with such interference. More so the fact that with such limited funds, he'd want them spent on his players.

All a bit weird.

not like they used to be

Ok Wigan got a bit fruity especially away but Blackburn is shite

And ken will slap top whack prices so gates won’t be special

Be better than the likes of Brentford, Reading, QPR and the rest who bring less than 500, the Blackburn game over Xmas was quality and a very decent crowd. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Madine be mad to go to Cardiff just finding his feet at a club Warnock picks up and fucks off forwards for fun always has.

Unless they're willing to cough up an extra few thousand a week in wages - this might be his last opportunity to sign a "big" contract, as his stock has probably never been higher.

I'd rather he stayed, but could fully understand why he might jump at the chance to move on

No way Madine and Warnock would get on, Madine needs an arm around his shoulder, Warnock would probably chin him.

Warnock has been managing clubs for over 30 years and knows his business, he will be able to manage Madine.

Besides I think he has enough about him not to chin a 6' 3" bloke with a violent reputation if possible.

hes turned a club that had pretty much given up into one that looks like it may just be able to stay up this season with the best part of nowt while creating team after team on scraps

How does this equate to a 'poor record'

Because Eavsey like a few others have already decided he is a bad manager and will not our improvement change that view.