Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Why wouldn’t madine go? He’s well liked now and almost a fans favourite but he has suffered dogs abuse for the majority of his time with us he’s thick but he isn’t going to forget that.

Loyalty in the modern game doesn’t exist and to a wider extent in society. If he’s a chance to earn an extra say 4K a week over a 3 year period plus a good signing on fee would could be talking a million quid extra he could earn.

Plus whilst Cardiff aren’t in my opinion going to go up he may believe they are and whilst he isn’t going to get much of a look in at premier league level surely by being part of a team that went up would merely enhance his stock further and raise his earnings for the remainder of his career.

If the money is down he will leave. Plus we are skint.

If somebody offers 3 million Madine will be gone and so will our season.

Strong statement with very little to back it up. Everyone knows that Madine leaving basically means we’re relegated, I would presume Ken does too. As he’s not talking to investors until after this season I would say that it is worth more to him to be in the Championship come the end of the season, in terms of what the club is worth, compared to £3m now.

The only argument would be that we won’t make it to the end of the season without that money, however he says that he has a business plan that you would hope doesn’t rely on selling a player for £3m in Jan to make it through the season, that would have been a massive presumption.

Madine will only go if we can get a like for like replacement, that is considered to give us as good a chance at staying up, which also leaves us better off money wise. I doubt all those things will fall into place in the next 2 weeks.

i didnt realise just how inexperienced robinson is

hows the kid you signed from bury doing

and garbutt?

Robinsons first open age football this season.

Garbutt is 25 in may....not had a look in for a while now. Has to be an issue with him, as thats 3 managers that have not fancied him.

Matty Foulds doing ok, but looks to be taken over by others.....can see him leaving in next 6-12 months.

• Moderators

Charsley?

A 21 yr old no.10/wide player with no league first team experience anywhere.

To me, he doesn't quite fit the Ken Anderson remit of being able to slot straight in and hit the ground running.

unless hes one for the u23s

we have also said we are looking to bulk that up

unless hes one for the u23s

we have also said we are looking to bulk that up

Not via loans though.

He doesn't fit Ken's profile but then no loan player would. Only way you can sign what Ken was talking about is if you buy a player from a side where he's playing regularly....can't see us doing that.