Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

I don't want them. But we are gonna have to replace. Fuck knows who with.

If there's options then replace. If not then keep them as backup. And put any money into new 1st teamers.

We need a full squad.

Replace them. If we can’t get better than them we are going down. Derik isn’t even league one standard.

I guess it all depends on what player budget Anderson can afford as we have the BluMarble debt to deal with in November.

If money was no object then obviously we would want to upgrade on all the players we had, so in a sense I wouldn't want any of them back as we would be getting better ones coming in instead.

If we aren't flushed with money as I expect then clearly if we can get better than what we had for free/free agents then we should be doing - for instance who knew anything at all about Mark Little before we signed him - not many of us I would think.

If we can't find improvements on Morais and Henry (I worry if he can last out another full season) I'd keep them.

Alnwick might have to go if we can't move Amos out - posters on here say he's off anyway (Blackburn?) but who knows how accurate that is?

Robinson would be nice but I don't know what his contract position is at Everton.

Flanagan has been a quality player earlier in his career, I don't know what he is like now though and I would imagine other clubs would pay him more than we could if Liverpool let him go.

As for the kids I would imagine it depends on if they are deemed good enough to break into the first team over the next season.  If they are not and they are already 22, 23 years old, then I guess we simply don't have the funds to keep them in the hope they become late developers.

I'd certainly be hoping we can find better than Wheater as clearly the centre of our defence was a major weakness the season gone and was the need to play two defensive midfields in front of them for most of the year.

id try and keep this lot

Aaron Wilbraham

Antonee Robinson

Ben Alnwick

Chinedu Obasi

Chris Taylor

Darren Pratley

David Wheater

Derik Osede

Dorian Dervite

Filipe Morais

Harry Charsley

Jan Kirchhoff

Jem Karacan

Jon Flanagan

Karl Henry

Mark Beevers

Mark Howard

Reece Burke

Sammy Ameobi

Tyler Walker

Zach Clough

You’d get rid of Pratley and Henry but keep Derik?!

Jesus wept Homo. I thought even you weren’t that daft

• Members

I don't want them. But we are gonna have to replace. Fuck knows who with.

If there's options then replace. If not then keep them as backup. And put any money into new 1st teamers.

We need a full squad.

We can swap Derik for Maddie McCann. Wages will be less and there'll be no noticeable difference on the pitch.

• Site Supporter

You’d get rid of Pratley and Henry but keep Derik?!

Jesus wept Homo. I thought even you weren’t that daft

Exactly what i thought.

Henry been brilliant but another year no way

Why not? (see Gary Speed)

Robinson to stay on loan again, or even a perm deal as his contract ends next season.

I really dont rate him as a footballer.

Seems a great lad though, and no matter how many times he gives the ball away etc, he never shys away, and will continually have a go again.

And hes quick as fuck

• Site Supporter

See, I quite like Robinson and thought he improved a lot as the season went on. If we got him next season, I think he'd push on again and be a great asset.

Sure, he still has loads to learn but i'd like to think he's got the worst of his mistakes out of himself by now - and he's a massive improvement on Taylor

• Site Supporter

See, I quite like Robinson and thought he improved a lot as the season went on. If we got him next season, I think he'd push on again and be a great asset.

Sure, he still has loads to learn but i'd like to think he's got the worst of his mistakes out of himself by now - and he's a massive improvement on Taylor

Absolutely. Had a hell of a first season and it won't have done him any harm.

Just saw this posted by Spearing.

https://twitter.com/Jay8Spearing/status/993136152508076033

His deal with Blackpool runs out shortly. Would we have him back on much reduced terms for next season? He'll be 30 in November.

I think we could do a lot worse, especially if we have worries about Henry's legs.

Thats a nice touch :-)

Being an upgrade on Derik is lowering the bar to practically ground level !!

I'd have Spearing back if he was willing to fit in with our wage structure, since I can't see Henry managing every game next season. ( as always, it all changes in the event of takeover or investment )

Lets not be mentioning Henry in the same breath as Speed as a footballer / athlete/winner they are a million miles apart.

Thank you

Spearing back. Jesus wept. I wouldn't want a returning player past 2010

Edited by tomski